The Rulebook on Value Added Tax was published in the Official Gazette of the RS, No. 37/2021, and will apply from July 1, 2021. The mentioned rulebook has 282 articles, it includes all existing rulebooks which are now integrated into one, and have undergone significant changes.
The most significant changes relate to the following:
- taxation of trade in goods and services in the field of construction,
- determining the tax base and subsequent changes to the tax base,
- determining advertising material, business samples and other small value gifts,
- the manner and procedure of exercising tax exemptions with the right to deduct previous tax and without the right to deduct previous tax,
- transfer of entire property or its part,
- keeping records on VAT and reporting data in the VAT Form, etc.
The transitional provision stipulates that, if a fee or part of it is collected or paid for the supply of goods/services to be performed on or after 1 July 2021, then, the applicable regulations from 30 June 2021 shall apply, i.e. the currently valid regulations.