Prica & Spasić are specialized in providing legal services (research, analysis, drafting and support in negotiations) in the field of foreign investments, M&A, privatisation, establishment of companies and representative offices, JV, corporate governance, financial transactions, credits and loans, securities, licenses, international trade (including but not limited to agency, distribution and consignment stock agreements), transfer of technology, civil engineering, labour, taxes, and representing of foreign and local companies before the courts of law of Serbia and Montenegro and before foreign arbitrations.
An orientation towards foreign clients:
The bulk of services of Prica & Spasić are provided to foreign clients, mostly large multinational companies and international financial organizations.
Drawing on tradition:
Dr. Ilija Prica founded the Law Office in Zagreb (Austria-Hungary at the time) in March 1900; his son Dr. Bogdan Prica founded a new office in Zemun-Belgrade in 1925, with Dr. Radoje Prica picking up in Belgrade in 1975 where he was joined by Darko Spasić in 1981 and Mihajlo Prica in 1991.
High educational standards:
Most members of Prica & Spasić team have received a part of legal education and/or training abroad.
Prica & Spasić are familiar with the laws and provide services in Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Macedonia.
Serbian, English and French.
Innovativeness and tendency for novelty:
Thus we have dealt with:
- The first tender privatisation in Serbia;
- The first stock acquisition by a foreign person in an existing bank in Serbia;
- The first transformation of an earlier contractual JV into an investment in capital;
- The first privatisation of a public services company in Serbia with restructuring;
- The first purchase of capital combined with recapitalization in Serbia;
- The first purchase by a foreign entity of capital of a large privately owned company, matched with a loan in Serbia;
- The first purchase of assets by a foreign investor in Serbia;
- The first recapitalization of an already privatized company in Serbia;
- The first purchase of shares by a foreign person on the Belgrade Stock Exchange;
- The first privatisation of banks in Serbia;
- The first IPO in Serbia.
Prica & Spasić actively participated in drafting new laws and regulations [as counsels selected and appointed by the World Bank, the Federal Government of Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro), the Agency for Privatisation of the Republic of Serbia, the Bank Rehabilitation Agency or other agencies of the Government of the Republic of Serbia.]
Prica & Spasić consulted a number of leading international law firms including Baker McKenzie, Clifford Chance, Dewey Ballantine, Freshfields, Gide Loyrette Nouel, Salans Hertzfeld & Heilbronn on laws of Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Macedonia,.