Based on the model of the Boulevard, a new suite has been tailored for Vojvode Stepe street and relocation of tram lines to the middle of the road could reduces lines, speeds up the flow of city buses and facilitate parking in a couple of capital streets.
However, before the decision on the future look of Dusanova, Dzordza Vasingtona, 27. mart and Kraljice Marije, reconstruction of nSlavije and Bulevar oslobodjenja street should start while Karadjordjeva street could start liberating from the trucks next year.
Reorganization of these important Belgrade communication trenches is a part of the Project of urban development which started in 2003 and this year it is speeding up. A couple of days ago, tender for reconstruction of Vojvode Stepe street, which will decrease jams in Vozdovac, and the city manager, Aleksandar Bijelic explains for eKapija which big projects will follow.
Slavija after Vojvode Stepe
The project of urban rehabilitation is carried out through funds set aside by the European banks and through city budget and implies not only traffic development but also rehabilitation of the overall infrastructure, i.e. things the Belgrade people do not even see - electricity networks, water supply systems, sewerage systems, phone traffic, etc. Bijelic explains.
- The international tender for the overall reconstruction of Vojvode Stepe street in in progress and we are expecting the works, as we have already announced, to start by the end of this year.
- After the reconstruction of this communication trench, rehabilitation of Bulevar oslobodjenja, form the Faculty of Veterinary Sciences to Slavija and of Slavija as well will follow - Bijelic adds.
Decision on the look of the Belgrade square should follow. We remind, at the preliminary design competition for urban - architectonic design, completed on the last day in 2012, six works were awarded. It almost definite that it will get the fountain in the middle as well as underground pedestrian passages. Ground remnants of Dimitrija Tucovica should be relocated to the Alley of famous while the monument will remain in Slavija but it will most likely be moved in front of the National bank of Serbia building.
Karadjordjeva in 2014
Karadjordjeva street, where 80.000 trucks passes annually, is also expecting a large reconstruction which will include all infrastructure works.
- When at the end of the next year, with finalization of the Zemun-Borca bridge and the construction of 21 kilometers of the road, traffic ring around Belgrade is completed and when there are conditions for moving truck traffic, we will start necessary works - collocutor of eKapija says.
Trams in the middle of the road
Higher safety level and faster traffic flow - this is how in brief benefits of moving tram line in the middle of the road, could be described. Dusanova, Dzordza Vasingtona, 27. mart i Kraljice Marije could be developed this way and the first steps have already been made.
- For these sections, we did analysis of the effect of transferring tram line to the middle of the road at one part. Basedon that, the experts will, when the time comes, make a decision. Certainly, this project would also be funded through international financial institutions and the city budget - our collocutor says.
Within the project of the urban development of Belgrade, so far Nemanjina, Savska, Bulevar kralja Aleksandra, Pozeska, Resavska, Savski most, dr. Ivana Ribara street, Bulevar vojvode Misica, Milentija Popovica, Treci bulevar and Proleterske solidarnosti in Novi Beograd have been completely reconstructed.
Implementation of the planned projects with the finished sections in the previous period, Belgrade will get reconstructed route of tram rail in line with the highest standards.
- They imply reduction of noise, vibration, protection from so-called creeping currents, higher speeds, safer and more reliable tram traffic - city manager explains.
Apart from that, modern system for adaptable traffic management will be installed. The functioning of that system is based on data collection on flow of road vehicles, trams and passengers and defining so-called optimal green times (turning on and lasting of green light) in order to decrease unnecessary waiting at the traffic lights.