The first tenants of a residential-business facility at 57 Gavrila Principa street in Belgrade moved into the building few days ago. The building, worth about EUR 4 million, should serve as an example of contemporary look and method of construction. The company Bomex, the investor and main contractor, celebrated its 19th anniversary of operations by moving into that office space at Savski Venac.
- We moved from the headquarters in Zorana Djindjica Boulevard into the new premises on the first floor and part of the ground floor of our new facility at 57 Gavrila Principa street on June 10. In that way, we also celebrated the 19th birthday of the company - Bomex CEO Goran Gojakovic said in a statement for eKapija.
Out of the total of 33 apartments, smaller flats were the first to sell, but there are still 5 apartments available in that location for the buyers to choose from, Gojakovic pointed out.
- All apartments spanning less than 100 square meters have already been sold and we expect tenants to move into these apartments very soon. There are still 5 apartments available, ranging in size from 117 to 240 square meters. These are duplexes and penthouses on the top floor. These apartments are the cheapest and they cost EUR 1,800 per square meter. There is also a discount of up to 5 percent for certain types of payment.
Apartments are situated on floors 4, 5 and 6, while the first three floors are reserved for office space.
- The first floor and part of the ground floor will be occupied by our company. The second floor belongs to our co-investor Milan
Mladenovic. There are 3 office spaces available on the third floor - 122 m2, 135 m2, and 140 m2. There is also a possibility of merging them if a company needs a bigger space. The price of that office space is EUR 2,500 per square meter, while a discount of up to 10 percent is possible as well.
Gojakovic stressed that Bomex and its subcontractors had built a facility that they were all proud of.
- We inherited the project, but we were not satisfied with the solution, which is why we changed it in association with the company LS Koncept from Belgrade and architect Ljubo Jovanovic. We hope that we have raised the level of construction, not only by the look of exterior and interior, but also by the finishing works and the quality of materials used. We also hope it will serve as a stimulus for other investors who decide to invest in the construction in this location to follow our lead. We collaborated with significant subcontractors from various fields. Our partner in the process of procurement of ceramics, sanitarian elements and parquet floors was Aqua Boutique. These top-quality and expensive materials were imported from Italy. In the conditions of a serious economic crisis and a crisis in the real estate market, we managed to raise the level of construction and invest additional funds to provide our clients with more than they expect.
Gojakovic said that the crisis was still present in the real estate market, but that people at Bomex had noticed that potential buyers found the security that the facility would be finished very important.
- One of the reasons for low demand is the uncertainty concerning the time when a facility can be finished. We can be mildly optimistic to claim that a property is in higher demand when its construction is close to end. Surveys show that the interest in our facility in Gavrila Principa street grew by 50 percent when we got a positive opinion about its technical reception. The same thing happened with the facility in Milana Tepica street on Dedinje. Royal Apartmani are very exclusive and expensive, and we sold 5 apartments in last two months.
Goran Gojakovic announced that Bomex was going to focus on the construction of apartments similar to those in Stepa Stepanovic housing project in the future.
- We are interested in keeping our presence in the field of real estates as both investors and contractors because we have companies within our holding that are successful in these fields. We will be assessing the risk that exists in the real estate market. We will most probably focus on the facilities for which we can provide the project finance and monitoring by business banks. We will be investing in commercial facilities available to average citizens, that is, those buyers who need an apartments and have the budget of 50 to 70 thousand euros. That should be something similar to what the state does in Stepa Stepanovic housing project in Vozdovac. The company still analyzes the possibilities and locations for such facilities.