Delta Holding Director General Jelena Krstovic stated that investments in properties would be of the primary interest to that Serbian company once it decided to enter the market of Croatia again.
Ms. Krstovic said in an interview for the February issue of Forbes magazine in Croatia that she believed that Delta would find a project to implement in Croatia in the future, but shel also said that the company did not plan to conquer new markets in 2011.
- The fact is that the economies of Croatia and Serbia must rely on each other since they are related, complementary markets. I believe that the new relations established by the presidents of Serbia and Croatia will also lead to much better results on the operational level in the future - she said.
Forbes magazine reminds that Delta Holding unsuccessfully competed for procurement of the land of former Croatian meat industry Zagrepcanka in 2008, after which it abandoned the market of Croatia.
- It somehow seems to us that the public is not yet ready for complete entrance of Serbian companies on that concrete, everyday level - Ms. Krstovic assessed.
As the Delta Holding Director General explained, the new relations established by Boris Tadic and Ivo Josipovic should benefit both businessmen and consumers.
Ms. Krstovic said that Delta's negotiations with a foreign partner on the sale of 50% of capital in Delta Maxi market chain (Maxi) were "close to end".
- I believe that the contract will be concluded very soon - said Jelena Krstovic.
- It is a partnership contract, which means that the expansion of Delta's market chain will be continued, but now with a support of a partner - she added.
Part of the funds, as she pointed out, will be invested in the agrarian sector. When it comes to neighboring markets, Delta is primarily interested in properties and construction of shopping centers, which will be one of the primary activities of the company in the years to come.
Ms. Krstovic said that Delta planned to have the first big distribution center built in Russia in 2012, through which it would export agricultural-food products.
- Croatian companies are now exporting tangerines, apples and other fruits and vegetables through Delta's center in Russia. We believe that that cooperation will be deepened in the years to come - she said.
Delta Holding Director General Jelena Krstovic stated for the Croatian magazine Forbes that Delta owner Miroslav Miskovic and Croatian businessmen and Agrokor owner Ivica Todoric were friends and that they "meet on a regular basis and talk about markets they operate in".