Source: eKapija | Thursday, 01.01.1970.| 15:13
Highlight an article Print out the news

Future pearl of Belgrade’s nautical tourism - Marina Ada Ciganlija

The citizens of Belgrade, especially those who love boats and sailing, will soon be able to moor their boats in the future marina on Ada Ciganlija. The Marina development has been planned at the location upstream from the mouth of the Topciderska river and Jugopetrol pier, in Cukaricki branch of the river. The land section of the Marina is composed of the area along the Radnicka Street, the riverbank area in front of the embankment and protected area behind the embankment, between the existing objects – rowing clubs ‘Graficar’ and ‘Crvena Zvezda’.

The project investor, Parking Service Beograd, has started the process of organization of the banks of the Sava lake and Čukarica’s river branch. The open competition has already been announced for elaboration of the main project for works on digging and refilling Čukarica’s river branch with wastewater management, for the needs of cleaning bottom and banks of Čukarica’s river branch and navigation ways of the Sava river in Belgrade. The deadline for submission of applications is January 21st, 2009.

The location proposed for marina ‘Ada Ciganlija’ development takes the area of 14.16 hectares. The water surface occupies about 7.60 ha (54%), and the land part of the marina the remaining 6.56 ha (46%). It might be said that with this ratio between the water and the land part marina ‘Ada Ciganlija’ ideally corresponds to the world average (55% - 45%). However, the significant part of the Marina’s land section is already occupied with public communication facilities (Savski quay along the Radnicka Street, pedestrian paths, bicycle paths and so on) as well as with water supply and other infrastructure objects (bank fortification, embankment, sewage collectors along the Radnicka Street), which reduce or limit the usage of the land part of the marina location.

The specific feature of the location is that it belongs to both the protected zone of the Belgrade waterworks wells and sport – recreational zone of ‘Ada Cingalija’, which is one of the most attractive places in Belgrade with outstanding natural and visual qualities.

Marina ‘Ada Ciganlija’ should be the first example of the authentic marina on our rivers, which will, because of the Danube’s proximity, be of international importance.

Marina ‘Ada Ciganlija’ has two parts: water surface – aquatorium and the land part – territory.

The aquatorium consists of the area for boat mooring and the area for access, manoeuvring and other nautical activities of the boats.

The construction and arrangement of the Marina in Cukaricki branch is a comprehensive and a major investment project. It has been planned to carry out the project in three stages.

Upon the completion of the final stage, marina ‘Ada Ciganlija’ would have the capacity of: 600 moorings for boats of all categories up to 18 m of length at aquatorium and 430 places for boats on the ground, of which 70 places in a hangar.

(note : the text and photos are taken from the website of Parking Service Beograd)

Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE