Source: eKapija | Thursday, 01.02.2018.| 10:06
Highlight an article Print out the news

Tender for partner for reconstruction of Sava Centar – New deadline set for March 20

(Photo: M.Kambić/eKapija)
The deadline for the submission of applications for the purpose of founding a joint company for reconstruction and management of Sava Centar (first phase) has been extended by March 20, it was announced on the official web page of the City of Belgrade. The initial deadline would have expired on January 31. In line with the extension of the deadline for the first phase, the second phase of the public call will be extended as well, it is said.

Within the first phase, potential partners should submit adequate proof of meeting the requirements, whereas, in the second phase, those that meet the requirements according to the Commission, are to submit financial offers, that is, the proposed amount of investments in the reconstruction of the center, a 10-year business plan and a reconstruction plan.

Let us remind that, following the first, unsuccessful, tender for the public-private partnership, the City of Belgrade opened a new call in late 2017.

The public call offers the founding of a joint company for the purpose of reconstruction and management of the congress center, in which the City of Belgrade would own 51% of the capital, whereas the remaining 49% would belong to the private partner. As stated in the text of the invitation, the City of Belgrade would invest only property in the capital of the joint company, whereas the partner would have to invest adequate financial funds, in line with its offer.

The reconstruction of Sava Centar entails a complete renovation of the congress infrastructure, with special focus on the possibility of building new features, whereas the management requires professional managers with experience in running congress centers of similar size.

Eligible applicants are potential partners that had operating income of at least EUR 20 million in the previous financial year, capable of providing managers with at least 10 years of experience, of which 5 in congress center management.

Let us remind that Delta Holding, owned by Miroslav Miskovic, expressed interest in this job, worth millions of euros, at both invitations, whereas Zivorad Vasic, vice president of the company, recently announced that the company might invest EUR 25 million in the congress center.

According to the Belgrade media, the public enterprise Sava Centar has had huge debts in the past years. It owes EUR 2.6 million for heating, EUR 500,000 for cleaning services and as much as EUR 4.3 million in property tax.
Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE