Delta Real Estate bought the Holiday Inn hotel and Belexpocentar a little over a month ago, and more than EUR 2 million will be invested in its development in the next two years, announced Zivorad Vasic, vice president of Delta Holding on Thursday, December 1.
– Holiday Inn Belgrade is a jewel among hotels, capable of making a great contribution to the cultural, artistic and exhibition activities of the capital. This is why Delta has decided to include this hotel, along with Belexpocentar, in its system of operations – Vasic said.
He added that the plan was to build a new lobby in Holiday Inn, as well as to fully redesign Belexpocentar.
– Holiday Inn will get a new lobby, in line with the standards of the InterContinental Hotels Group. As well, we are investing in new software systems, we’ve already started working on it. Furthermore, Belexpocenter, with its 2,500 m2, will be fully redesigned to be able to accommodate various events. We will organize a new sales concept in the future, by which our partners will be provided with space through a turnkey system.
Vasic pointed out that Holiday Inn was in very good condition.
– The quality of the rooms is remarkable – he added.
Vice president of Delta Holding pointed out that hotel management was a sector whose future in Serbia was bright and that congress tourism was the right direction of development. To that end, Delta sends a clear message that they are interested in Sava Centar as well and that the facility might be a big asset in developing that segment of tourism.
– Hotel management can develop only if there are facilities operating throughout the year, business hotels with capacities for both foreign guests and local tourists. Delta is now becoming a true leader in hotel management, as Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza Belgrade and Park and National hotels contain almost 30 halls altogether, which can be offered to business clients – Vasic emphasizes.
– We want to create what’s the most important for Serbia, which are congress capacities. It’s known that we are interested in a partnership in Sava Centar. If we get an opportunity to renovate and develop it, we will get a remarkable space with 25 halls, which will be able to accommodate 10 or 20 thousand guests. Imagine what kind of benefits than many business people can bring to hotel managers, but also to taxi drivers, suppliers and especially the state, through VATs pouring down into the state budget.
Delta Holding also announces other real estate activities.
– We hope that we will soon start realizing another two important projects in Belgrade, as there are indications that we will get permissions to build an InterContinental hotel in New Belgrade and a Delta Planet shopping mall at Autokomanda – Vasic said.
Novosti reported today that the construction of the Delta Planet shopping mall at Autokomanda might begin in March 2017.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.