- Logistics is a highly dynamic branch of economy that changes at monthly and quarterly intervals. That is why we have more and more work to do every day. We can say that the crisis bypassed us - Joso Bijelic, owner and director of the German company InTeSe, says in an interview with eKapija.
Our interlocutor has been active in the fields of logistics and storage techniques for as many as 16 years now. Having numerous references, vast experience and new ideas, the company InTeSe came to our market this year to use its knowledge and products to introduce novelties in storage facilities in Serbia.
InTeSe sells complete storage technologies, pallet racks and bay warehouses and provides assembly services and post-sales support for each segment of storage equipment. In July 2012 it became an exclusive partner for the distribution of the complete range of products of Germany's META Regalbau GmbH & Co. KG in southeast Europe.
- The company META is one of the three largest manufacturers of rack systems in Germany, and InTeSe is META's representative for Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Serbia, Macedonia and Montenegro. Our aim is to present our partner and its products and to introduce novelties in the business in the market of southeast Europe. We have started with Serbia, traveled 20,000 kilometers over the last few months and visited more than 120 companies. We have come across warehouses that are not yet technically completed, as well as storage facilities that are not safe - Joso Bijelic says and adds that another big problem is a sketchy relationship between buyers and suppliers of equipment.
And this they see as their biggest chance.
- Our experience and experts are at the disposal of our clients from the first consulting session to the final process of modernization and installation of rack and storage systems. A successful cooperation with clients is of extreme importance to us, which is why we do our best to professionally meet all their expectations, a result of which is a long international reference list that you can see at the website of our company – Bijelic points out.
As Bijelic already said, given that logistics does not depend on any crisis, InTeSe reported a significant growth of turnover in 2008.
- InTeSe is now working on several projects in Germany. We have so far implemented five projects in Serbia, whereas the sixth project will be completed in October. Namely, we are equipping a facility of Nami Logistika in Batajnica. This warehouse is 10.5 meters high and has the capacity of 1,600 pallets.
When asked to give advice to potential investors in logistics center, our interlocutor says:
- The most important is to position your logistics center well. First of all, the facility must be located next to an important route or in an industrial zone. There must be a good access to the logistics center, which must be well-connected with all modes of transport, meaning that there must be an airport, railroad, port nearby. An important part of the storage process is warehouse optimization.
As Bijelic explains, it is also extremely important to respect standards in the field of storage equipment safety. Therefore, InTeSe organized an expert meeting in May to present the standard SRPS EN 15635 for the use and maintenance of storage equipment. The speakers at this event were the representatives of the Serbian Logistics Association, Novi Sad Faculty of Technical Sciences, Serbian Standardization Institute (ISS) and InTeSe.
Being a highly dynamic field, logistics also requires quick reactions. Ten years ago it used to take about three months to complete a project, while now the same project can be implemented in three weeks.
InTeSe now plans to open its own warehouse in Novi Sad.
- Once we open our warehouse, we will be able to offer a large number of pallet spaces and a short delivery time.
InTeSe presented its portfolio at Packtech EXPO 2012 at the Belgrade Fair, which was open until 29 September 2012.