For more than four decades Zorka Opeka
has held its place on the market, tracking market needs and offering solutions to problems before they even arise. Special attention has been dedicated to the people in the workforce and according to the Head of Sales at Zorka Opeka, Bojan Dabic, only a good team makes good future. In his interview for eKapija, Dabic talks about Zorka Opeka`s flagship products, the question of energy conservation and the movements on the market.Zorka Opeka has been operating for more than 40 years. How has the company`s offer changed over the decades and what is its focus today?
– Zorka Opeka has always been known as the only manufacturer of facade bricks in the region. With the introduction of modern technologies the company started manufacturing ventilation blocks and has pioneered the Klimabloc system and today, the company puts its focus on this projects.You dedicated a special attention to energy efficiency and Klimabloc products. What was the reaction on the market since 2008, when the product was first launched, up to now?
– The start was exceptionally hard. The market loves innovation but has traditionally been skeptic about new products until the benefits show somewhere else. When we first made Klimabloc, we were the only ones aware of its quality and we knew we had the future leading brand in our hands. We needed to show the market what we saw in Klimabloc.
Speaking of change of attitude towards energy conservation since 2008, I wouldn`t say that the attitude was changed as so much as it was rooted out. The market hasn`t for a while now used innovative solutions but leading brands whose advantages it uses and the general attitude has come that far that the new construction project are designed on the basis of energy conservation.
In what way do Zorka Opeka products help buildings reach a better energy grade?
– Zorka Opeka owns a range of products from partition blocks thickness of 10 cm and 12 cm to facade blocks with thickness of 20, 25, 30, 38 and 50 cm, Some buildings need isolation, others don`t. I`m talking about reaching the minimum energy performance standards, a minimum EPC rating of C.
Our recommendation is to strive for grade A class which is achieved with the combination of our products and a certain thermal insulation thickness.
Noise and poor sound insulation is a common issue in new buildings. What solutions does Zorka Opeka offer?
– The noise of the modern life, its tempo undergoing the most changes in the last decade, shouldn`t be an issue in the new buildings at all, let alone something that often occurs. From our offer for sound insulation solution we can set apart Klimabloc 25 AKU. Unfortunately, the production capacities for the product are very limited. We only deliver it to construction sites which use Klimabloc system – a building completely built from Klimabloc assortment of products.
Aside from Klimabloc 25 AKU we also have Klimabloc 20 AKU. It is a product that we launched this season but because of the previous arrangements with deliveries of existing products, we weren`t able to promote it on the market this year.
The price of the building materials has gone up, but public comments say the demand isn`t in decline. What is your experience?
– From our standpoint the demand isn`t slowing down. Our production capacity does have limits which we`ve reached a few years ago and every season we deliver our production capacity to the market. If we`re talking about construction of apartment buildings, the apartment prices have started going up even before the prices of construction materials did. Energy crisis and global instability only contributed to further price growth. Today, the demand is higher than it`s ever been before.
Beside Serbia , which other markets is the company focusing on and which products are prioritized?
– Klimabloc is surely the dominant product. Additional increase in energy prices and market instability have definitely influenced some companies to increase their exports in order to get a better price. For the past few years , Zorka Opeka exports have been negligible. We have daily inquiries and orders from across Europe for our products but we have decided to put the need of the local, Serbian market first.
How do you see the development of your products and your company as well in the future?
– We monitor market needs and in turn we have managed to offer solutions to problems way before the questions regarding those problems even arose. We are preparing innovations, investments, quality maintenance and manufacturing that follows environmental protection standards. I believe that the workforce is one of the stariting points for the development of a company. They are not goods or capital. Workforce is made up of people and you have to go a long way to make a team out of a group of people. Good team makes good future.