Marera Properties attracted attention from a wider public last year through its acquisitions of the Belgrade Palace and, later on, BIGZ, whereas, among the experts, they have been well-known for years, primarily for the reconstruction of office facilities. Marija Drakulic Sebez, Marketing Director, responsible for Marera Properties, has been part of the company for a long time. She is developing and learning along with the company and she points out that the fact that her personal values match that of Marera makes her work a remarkable professional and life experience.
– For me, personally, it is a great responsibility and honor to be in such an important position, because the efforts of all other teams, from the design and the strategy to the sale are eventually best seen and are reflected in the public through the marketing. Challenges are part of the job, especially since, along with the marketing, our department also currently deals with market research and communications, but the clear vision, the strong team and the dedication keep us on the course.
In which way are the Belgrade Palace and the BIGZ building to be repurposed? What are the plans for these cult places in the capital of Serbia?
– We continue doing what we are best known for – reconstruction of commercial facilities. Our first project that we did with the Institute for Protection of Monuments is the former Beko textile factory in Dorcol, which is now the gorgeous Kalemegdan Business Center. Both the public and the clients have recognized us for the quality of project realization, so we will apply the same approach to these two, probably the most recognizable, highlights of Belgrade, which will become business centers upon the reconstruction.
The idea is to preserve the appearance of the facilities through the reconstruction and for their exteriors to be characterized by modern, sophisticated design and the highest level of functionality in A-class offices. We know that, for the users, it is a great impression and experience to work in facilities which have a great historical importance, so, with these new projects, we are raising these user experiences to an even higher level.
In addition to projects related to office space, which you are best known for, the company’s portfolio also consists of projects related to industrial and retail space. What is current in those markets?
– We have just realized the acquisition of the Zemun Retail Park. We are very proud of the fact that, along with the Forum Shopping Center in Nis, which has been the flagship of our retail segment for years, we have also become the owner of another popular shopping and leisure destination. We have increased the existing portfolio by an additional 15,000 m2, and the total portfolio of Marera Properties amounts to nearly 200,000 m2 with this acquisition.
In 2020, we acquired the Industrial Park Pobeda in Petrovaradin, invested considerable funds in its development and in the upgrade of the functionality of the existing facilities. Over 35 established local and foreign companies, active in various types of production, operate within the park. Novi Sad is developing constantly, there is a solid interest, so in 2021 we are planning to further expand the capacities at Pobeda by building two new halls.
You are preparing an interesting event for May 4-5. Can you tell us something more about this?
– We are planning, as a humanitarian gesture, to open the famous lookout of the Belgrade Palace for all citizens. It has been closed to the public since the 1980s, when Studio B moved in on the 22nd floor. We want to make a humanitarian campaign by collecting monetary funds for the Red Cross, while at the same time providing citizens with the possibility of enjoying a spectacular view to Belgrade.
The price of a ticket is a symbolic RSD 100, and there’s also the possibility of online ticket purchase. As the epidemiological measures are in effect, we will use up to 50% of the lookout’s capacity and everyone interested will be able to stay there for up to 30 minutes.
Finally, Marera Properties will donate the sum identical to the sum collected through ticket sales.
What are the plans of Marera Properties for the upcoming period? Are you planning to acquire any more buildings in Belgrade or Serbia?
– We are continuing with our ambitious plans, as we’ve done in the past period. We are a young and ambitious company with a clear focus on the office, industrial and retail segment. There are many plans, but we will say more about them after the next acquisitions.
MARERA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT is a company which offers all-encompassing services in the fields of asset, property, construction and facility management.
The proven expertise and the rich experience of the company pertain to the entire value chain in the real estate industry. Marera Property Management is a solution for all the needs of investors – from investment and financial consulting and management, through the lease of space and relations with the tenants, to the management of construction project, construction and integrated building maintenance.
Through a 360-platform for the management of investment projects and all the operating processes, the company has successfully developed a large number of facilities in the office, retail and industrial segment, which have become great examples of the implementation of modern real estate trends. The most important investor we cooperate with in the local market is Marera Properties.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.