Bogdan Gavrilovic, Sales Manager at WTO – Company's new visual identity and Vision 2030 strategy for global presence by the end of the decade
Bogdan Gavrilovic (Photo: WTO)
World Transport Overseas (WTO) is one of the fastest growing logistics companies headquartered in East Europe and with offices in Bulgaria, Serbia, Slovenia, Croatia and China. The company` success was acknowledged at the Forbes Awards ceremony in Bulgaria, when WTO was awarded as the Company of the Year 2020 in Services. Since the beginning of the year, they`ve implemented numerous changes in their corporate identity, and a new strategic plan has also been adopted.
We talked to the company`s Sales Manager, Bogdan Gavrilovic, about the innovations in their business, the company`s new visual identity, the changes brought about by the pandemic, but also their relation to the employees and the most important factor for success.
– Since the beginning of 2020, World Transport Overseas has implemented numerous changes in its corporate identity. A strategic plan called Vision 2030 has been adopted, which aims for us to open our own offices in all world logistics centers by the end of the decade and thereby even more successfully meet all the demands of our esteemed clients. A very important step in the implementation of the strategy is the opening of the office in China, called World Transport Overseas China, which started working on September 1, 2020, as an NVOCC operator.
A part of the brand`s evolution is a change of the visual identity. The company has a new logo since recently. What does it symbolize?
– Since the beginning of August, the company has had a new logo, which symbolizes the global presence of World Transport Overseas in the sector of providing logistics services and all directly and indirectly related services and three types of transport that we successfully realize: sea, road and air transport.
The new logo (Photo: WTO)
The implementation of MS Dynamic NAV in all three offices of WTO was also completed this year. What will this platform enable?
– The new IT platform enables sophisticated management of the supply chain, which will integrate the operations of all WTO offices and their needs into a single operating system. The set of functional areas includes monitoring the shipments, communication, managing data and documents, financial activities, storage, sales and, most importantly, user support.
Has the pandemic changed your operations?
– Thanks to the digitalization of our business processes, we never stopped working even in the difficult conditions caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Complying with all the recommendations for maintaining the safety of our employees and clients, we successfully respond to all requests. We are following the situation relevant to our field of activity on a daily basis and we adapt to the current changes.
Which elements, in your opinion, are crucial to the development of a business?
– Innovations and full digitalization of all processes, as elements of crucial importance for all companies in the field of logistics and transport, remain the priority of our business operations.
What is the management`s relation to its employees like?
– Our employees remain our most important resource, as the achieved progress would have been impossible without them. In response to the growing business, we have increased the number of jobs this year as well and enriched our team with several educated and young people.