Belgrade producer of distant measuring and electricity consumption managementsystem, Meter & Control, signed in November the contract on delivery ofsmart counters, concentrators, hardware and software at the Center of managementin Brcko District in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Jovan Vujasinovic, GM at Meter & Control and president of the Group of producersof electricity measuring equipment at the Serbian Chamber of Commerce is speakingabout this important project, export of technology worldwide, smart counters implementationtender at the Electric Power Industry of Serbia in his interview for eKapija.
eKapija: The contract with the Management Center in Brcko is thefirst result of the IDIS certificate issuance. What does the certificate mean for your companyand where will you be able to launch your products with this standard?
- Yes, the export job of delivery of Meter & Control smart counters toBrcko District in Bosnia and Herzegovina is the first result of IDIS certificate.We have recently listed at the group of five world producers which have it andwhose activity covers the entire world market. This enables presentation of ourproducts globally.
eKapija: After Brcko District, are you negotiating placement ofsmart counters to some other markets?
- I am extremely pleased that soon after presentation to the European expertpublic to the European Utility Week in Amsterdam, our counters find wide usagein the region and we hope to soon expand the placement to the Old continentmarket as well. As for now,Russian and the market of former nonaligned nations.Former Yugoslavia had excellent cooperation with these countries and ourproducts are recognized as very quality ones there. I think it would be a goodintroduction for conquering demanding global market.
eKapija: The EU countries’ plan is to replace the existing counterswith smart ones. Are Meter & Controlcounters technologically and price competitive? What is your company position?
- Our counters are produced in line with the most modern world standards. In technological sense, we are fully ready forthe EU market. Apart from that, we think domestic product can be competitivewhen it comes to price as well.
eKapija: What are advantages of these smart counters compared tocompetition? To what extent are Meter & Control smart counters unique inthe world?
- Wherever there are systems of four global companies with IDIS certificateswhose activity comprises entire world, our devices can be installed and used.This opened the door for us to a demanding world market. This is really a hugeconfirmation in further success development for a domestic company such as weare and which have been developing its products from idea for sale.
eKapija: What are the company plans in the upcoming period?
- Apart from an opportunity to compete for becoming pioneers of usage ofsmart counters in Serbia, our objective is to intensify our presence in theregion and that reference would enable us expanding export of domestic technologyto the world. We are definitely continuing further development of our products.We have a team of experts and we are trying to generate all conditions to makeone domestic product in technology field becomes important in our country’sexport program.