November 15, a tender for the construction of the desulphurising system in thermal power plant Nikola Tesla A (TENT) will be released. The project totals some EUR 170 mil and the total investments planned for next year in TENT total EUR 260 mil.
The Dobersek company has passed the prequalification and as the company manager in Serbia, Vesna Radovanovic, said for eKapija, they are expecting a tender they will apply to.
- After the tender for desulphurising system construction in TENT A, tender procedure for the desulphurising system construction in TENT B should follow where we will also participate. We are also planning to take part in a tender for waste water treatment project in TENT A and after that for ashes transport announced for 2014 – Radovanovic announced.
German Dobersek has existed since 1983 and it deals with the construction of industrial – processing facilities in the fields of mining, metallurgy, water treatment, energy as well as environmental protection.
Strengthening the position in the region
Dobersek has been operating at the Serbian market as of 2003 and it has branch offices in Ukraine, Russia, Kazahsatn, Uzbekistan and Bulgaria. There are 12 engineering working in the Belgrade-based branch office and Dobersek has recently been strengthening the position in our region.
- We have recently set up branch offices in Skoplje, Pristina and Sarajevo so we expanded. We were operating from Belgrade all over the region and the thing that is different now is the fact that we have representatives which can keep up with current market trends more actively while we are technical support – our collocutor says.
Dobersek is operating in line with the turn key system which means that it participates in all projects from the beginning, i.e. from the designing stage then design until the implementation of the works and at the end putting the section into operation and they are responsible for the facility functioning within the guarantee period.
- We are not the company carrying out a part of the project but we are present in the whole project, stargin from the preliminary design until putting into operation. We work on the projects which take a couple of years and which range from EUR 5 – 20 mil – Radovanovic says.
One of the projects Dobersek is implementing in consortium with Moeller Materials Handling and it is about the reconstruction of the ashes and slag transport and disposal in thermal power plant Kostolac B which totals EUR 23,5 mil funded by EPS through the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
Projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Out of the current projects in Dobersek, they point out thermal power plant Gacko where they work on the construction of the waste water treatment facility within the thermal power plant. It is the facility which treats all kinds of polluted and sanitary waters and gets them out of the plant. For two year already, Dobersek has been engaged on the project which is now entering the final stage totaling EUR 5 mil.
- That project is especially interesting for us because we have started activities related to waste water treatment in line with the turn key system. This is the only project in the region where we deal with the waste water treatment because so far we have been focused on mining and energy projects – Radovanovic ads.
Dobersek is currently also working on construction of the fuel transporting system in Thermal power plant Tuzla where Dobersek is also working on the ashes transport project and the investment totals EUR 8 mil.
Dobersek is planning to participate at tenders for the construction of the thermal power plant Ugljevik and apart from the projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina, ongoing is the project which is in progress in Sosanj in Slovenia at the facility for flue gas desulphurising.
New hires planned
Up till now, Dobersek mostly worked on project implementation but as of 2013 they changed the business strategy which has been presented at the Energy Fair in Belgrade.
- Now, our headquarters in Belgrade engaged itself that apart from the project implementation, in the tender documentation preparation – the collocutor of eKapija is announcing..
Vesna Radovanovic is adding that Dobersek as well is planning to hire people competent for preparation of technical documentation because they lack these kinds of staff.