Electrification works on about 400 hectares of land in the village of Striza near Paracin will be completed March 29th.
Thanks to this unique irrigation project in Serbia and the Balkans, this land will be irrigated using electricity instead of pumps powered by diesel fuel.
Implementation of this unprecedented investment worth EUR 600,000 kicked off six months ago.
Contractors are companies Inkom and Mepinzenjering. The Ministry of Agriculture has provided 90 percent of the required funding from the World Bank, whereas the remaining 10 percent have been contributed by Striza's farmers from the Izvor Association.
Farmers in this village assess that the use of this electric irrigation system instead of diesel pumps will cut their costs in half.