They were set up in 2005 as the first Croatian Greenfield investment in Serbia. Some half a a million euros have been invested in production of modern, advertising equipment and containers. The factory was built in record eight months. Nova Pazova-based EUROmodul, within the first five years, generated annual income growth of 80%. In 2010, the crisis came but the strategic company is to transfer to foreign market instead of remaining on domestic.
Milan Copic, General Manager with EUROmodul in Serbia said for eKapija that total turnover of factories in Rijeka, Nova Pazova totals EUR 8 mil, 80% of that generated in exports.
- EUROmodul is a family company, set up in Croatia more than 20 years ago. The moment they decided to invest in Serbia till the production start, only one year passed. We practically started on a meadow and Stara Pazova Municipality helped us with fast and efficient administrative procedures and permits thus we built the factory very quickly. Except from the facility construction, the core was fast transfer and staff training – Copic said.
Factories in Rijeka and Nova Pazova produce modern equipment (benches, waste containers, bus stops, info plates, pillars and fences, lightning pillars, flower pots, automats, bicycle pillars, public smoking space), prefabricated items such as kiosks, construction, office, housing containers, automatic public sanitary, assembling halls, warehouses, industrial halls, garages, halls, reception desks, cold storages…), advertising equipment (billboards, city light advertising shelves, …).
After remarkable results in the first five years, EUROmodul faced crisis which split income into half and that was the year the company decided to move to exports.
- We have started intensive marketing promotion and internet campaign and the markets started opening slowly. Today, we export to Russia, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Norway, Malta, Armenia, Ukraine and Mid East. We have realized a couple of demanding projects, first in the European part of Russia, Voronez, and last year in north Siberia. We are currently striving for the Kazahstan market where there is customs-free regime.
In Siberia, EUROmodul is building camp for housing and work for 300 staff hired for the construction of two bridges across the Nadim river.
- This is space without civilization and the facility should have been made. The simplest way was to set up containers. They are very flexible and can adapt to any request. For Siberia, containers with special temperature regime, – 60 do + 30 were made. Before that, we made accommodation facility for 100 people in Voronez in Russia.
Among all projects carried out in the world, the first man of EUROmodul is the fondest of those done in our country. It is about the project of production of containers for the Roma placement because of the beginning of construction works at the Gazela bridge as well as of setting up eaves on 150 bus stops in Belgrade.
Speaking of potential investments and capacity increase, our interlocutor mentioned the project for production hall expansion in Nova Pazova was completed in 2010 but was waiting for better times.
Design sells products
On of the company board members and a founder of EUROmodul design studio, Karlo Babic was awarded REDDOT design award for product design 2010 - AETERNA COLLECTION, in architecture/urban equipment category.
Karlo Babic also won another prestigious award - iF design award: product design 2011. Award went to PAPILLON urban element, a product representing an icon of modern environment.
Self-cleaning public toilets
Every day, the President of the management board in EUROmodul, Dragutin Babic, works on innovations and has a large number of patents in his career.
One of the most important ones, according to our interlocutor, is automatic public toilet.
- - I can freely say it is a product of the future. EUROmodul public toilets are completely automatic with self-cleaning functions. All operations are sensor-controlled so the user practically does not tough anything of the equipment.
- Buyer of our public toilets is one of the leading production companies in production and public company management. This way, competition practically showed appreciation for high quality and product design.
Copic mentioned it would be good for all Serbian citizens to have these toilets because negations with some municipalities have been happening, implying public toilets similar to those in Holland, Germany, Russia, to be installed here during this and next year.