For the third time in three years, "eKapija" and Slovenian Business Club have united, proud to create another business Serbian tradition, through expectation of publication and presentation of the Slovenian-Serbian stories ranking list of one year, which have been of greatest interest and readership on "eKapija".
As the years pass, topics and interests have been changing, and this year three themes and slogans have marked this third ranking list. In fact,
- The most famous Serbian economy "players" have actively begun to position themselves in Slovenia, both through acquisitions and through positioning and direct investment in the first ex-Yugoslavia country that entered the European Union.
- Many small Slovenian investors and investments were evenly distribute almost all over Serbia.
- "Buy and build more and better in Serbia, while at the same time someone else buys you" - read "Mercator". Definitely, "Mercator" has been very active in Serbia, bravely and optimistically investing in the country, and simultaneously did the process of taking ownership of the large retail chains in the head office in Slovenia.
For this "story of 12 stories," one might say something more - it started in 2011 with little sadder and not always optimistic news, and as time went by, the stories were getting better and better.
Let's start from the beginning.
It started with New Year celebrations, which have been enlighted with tens of thousands of young and less young Slovenians on the squares and in restaurants of Belgrade, and then they were followed up by Orthodox Christmas, numerous Slavas with rich traditional menus....
Readers' attention was on the following:
- The fear of SCT banckruptcy in Slovenia to slow down or delay the opening of the bridge at Ada.
- Announced start of production of biomass in "TERMOVENT" in Medvedja, in southern Serbia.
- Dispute and a possible court process due to JAT company's 'maneuvers', who negotiated flights from Portorož to Rome, and later failed to provide them.
"Winner" of January was the news that the construction of Zezelj bridge in Novi Sad will be started in summer, with signed contract worth 45.3 million euros.
February was marked by the following stories:
- The first stories of the announcement that "Agrokor" and EBRD plan to take "Mercator".
- That "Impo Seval" is investing 10.8 million euros in equipment for coloring sheets.
- That it is in plan to expand the production of "Labod" in Rekovac, with employment of 82 workers more
.... while the "top story" was the information that "Mercator" was negotiating to buy two national retail chains (later to be found out which).
- In April, "Perutnina" / "Topiko" proudly announced that they opened chicken breeding plant in Bac.
- Another possible acquisition was announced in Slovenia, and the most serious contenders for recapitalization of "Paloma" were Serbian "Drenik" and Slovakian SHP.
- "Petrol" opened the sixth gas station in Serbia, this time in Vrbas.
However, the biggest interest was in Kostic's statement - that "MK Group" was very interested in hotels in Croatia and in "Fructal" and "Zito" in Slovenia.
.. while the top story was a sequel of "Fructal" story, where (still with a "?") it was indicated that "Nectar" was buying the famous Slovenian producer of juices and soft drinks.
On that hot June it was announced that:
- There will be no delays on the bridge at Ada, as the Slovenian company "Primorje" signed with the city of Belgrade a contract for construction of access roads to the new bridge, and across the Sava River.
- The Slovenian company "Dondon" took over "Fidelinka"
- "Ilirika" takes over "Delta" funds
... and the story of the month was disclosure of names - that "Mercator" wants to buy "Jabuka" and "Familija".
... while most widely read story was the completion of the "Spanish Series" - "Nectar" bought Slovenian company "Fructal" for 50 million euros.
Economic fall started, and
- Fashion house "Luna" arrived in Maribor, after Oslo, because this Serbian company opened a retail store in Slovenia.
- Milorad Milosevic from Kamnik in Slovenia has announced an Eco-village among the vineyards of Fruska Gora, announcing he will build a tourist complex with 20 log cabins, golf courses and winery.
- Slovenian "Peko" announced the opening of a shoe factory in Knjazevac
Intensive consumption of food at the great Serbian Slavas has begun.
- New Lasta bus line Belgrade - Maribor - Graz - Linz.
- "Cargo 10" project was joined by the railways of BiH and RS.
- "Gorenje" began production in Zajecar.
The story of the month was that New credit bank Maribor (probably) wanted to merge Credy bank with Privredna bank in Belgrade.
The end of the year was near, but there was still a lot of work.
- After last year's story of the retreat from Serbia, it sounded nice that there had been an increas of the capital of NLB bank in Serbia for 15 million euros.
- "Antares & Bdrp" started the production of sports clothing in Sivac, employing 75 workers and
- "Gorenje" decided not to build a factory in Valjevo in 2011, while the City of Valjevo announced that it expects the Slovenians demand just an extension of the deadline.
The winning story is of one man, Zoran Jankovic, winner of the election in Slovenia, who is believed to be exporting project in Slovenia by many, since Zoran was born in Smederevo where he spent most of his childhood.