Today when our lives are much faster than 10, 15 or 20 years ago, “sound comfort” has become very important to every part of our life since we specifically connect it to spaces we spend the most time in.
When someone says “a pleasant (comfortable) space”, the first thing that comes to mind is a home or an office, a place where we work or live. Comfort is usually associated with beautifully designed interiors, spaces filled with light, decorated with pleasant colors, beautiful furniture, good lighting, good air quality, good spatial organization and flexibility.
Nevertheless, sometimes we forget about an important segment of comfort during the design process – acoustics.
You`ve probably found yourselves in an office,a restaurant, hospital, at the pool or you visited your child at school or kindergarten and you were affected by the noise there. © Ecophon
offers solutions for all who have problems with noise in offices
, at home, in stores, at pools
, in hotels
, in production
, at cinemas
Watching and listening the lovely architectural, we get the feeling that everyone is only designing visually without the real sense of what the acoustics of that space will sound like and how much we will be able to really enjoy it with all of our senses.
Understanding speech in the office, performing various activities and the quality of space are crucial for a successful and good working environment. Good acoustics in the office has many benefits:
- Reduce adrenaline levels with 30%
- Improve task motivation with 60%
- Improve performance during concentration demanding tasks with up to 50%
- Improve mental arithmetic performance with 20%
Speaking of spending time in kindergartens, schools and other learning facilities
, every space needs to be designed to suit the activity performed there, the users themselves and the quality of the space. It is important to reduce the background noise with lower frequencies and to provide proper acoustic treatment to the whole facility.
Did you know that:
- 80% of teachers reported voice problems, hoarseness and similar issues due to noisy environment?
- Students that are only 7m away from the teacher hear only 36% of what is said in the classroom with poor acoustics?
- Raising the level of noise by 10dB decreases test scores by 5% on the basic and by 7% at the more complex levels?
In healthcare facilities
– the common areas, corridors or waiting rooms, in patients rooms or operating rooms, each space needs to be designed according to user activity, who they are and what the quality of the building is. In the past 40 years, the average noise level in hospitals increased by 15dB reaching the level of around 70 db which is significantly higher than the limit recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), which recommends 35dB for healthcare settings.
Did you know that:
- Keeping the sound levels within acceptable parameters you can reduce blood pressure and stress levels, ensure better quality of sleep and communication?
- Also, you can reduce the need for pain medication and make patients feel safer?
- The survey of coronary intensive care unit patients showed that the need for additional pain medication (beta blockers) was lower by 67% in a good acoustic environment compared to the rooms that hadn`t been acoustically treated?
Noise is a health issue. Thanks to our extensive experience and professional approach we can offer you solutions.
In many cases in practice, solutions for acoustic defects in public spaces, offices, meeting rooms, hospitals, schools, etc. are only sought when the facility is already finished and when acoustic problems arise in interactions with the space itself, that is when the space is in use.
Each projects can be divided from the start into several phases and we recommend acoustic solutions based on who the future users are, their activities and the shape of the space (Acoustical Base Design).
Depending on the intended use of the space, it is essential that as we can see a space, we can "hear the space"
New from © Ecophon – fade acoustic plaster
and and Clipso stretch fabrics.
© Ecophon offers absorption class A acoustic solutions: