In the last few years there have been increases in the amount of data generated in various ways and from different sources. Data which can benefit business operations are found on social networks, web pages or on all sorts of devices connected to a network. However, not every information is relevant to business. All that data have no additional value unless organized and analyzed correctly with the help of tools and technologies created for such purposes, that transform the huge quantities of information into a powerful decision making tool.
The development of the health care system and the quality of its services are a part of an ongoing conversation in the developed countries as well. Huge amounts of data on users and services in the health care system offer diverse possibilities in the fields of analytics and prediction which contribute to leveling up the services, cost optimization and finally, benefit the users of those services. On the other hand, the current level of IT maturity in health organizations is very low, meaning there is no centralized data system either so their use in statistics and analysis is very small.AIGO
solution for healthcare analytics brings multiple benefits for the healthcare facility in all segments of its business operations. The platform consolidates data from different healthcare systems into a centralized system and provides the decision makers with a unique overview on information about health protection of individual patients. The access to medical histories and real-time information for correct analysis of the healthcare data and acute decision making is quicker. Since all systems are integrated, this results in one-of-a-kind reports and examinations that give “unique truth” even though they are just data from various systems.
Some of the benefits of implementing AIGO Health Analytics system are as follows:
- Simplified modeling of personalized care plans based on the statistics and patterns of behavior, since all patient information is in one place
- More efficient internal management and external revisions, including regulatory compliance checks, thanks to advanced mechanism of statistical analysis and reporting
- Quicker response to patients needs by simply using patient feedback
- Review of key indicators of changing medical care trends
- Implementation of specific rules and adjusting to a wide range of diverse sources of medical data
AIGO Health Analytics provides a selection of reports and overviews in all shapes of visual representations depending on the users wishes. There is an option to define KPI (Key Performance Indicators) which monitor execution parameters with arbitrary values, whereas the analysis of behavior patterns enables different predictions which greatly improve management and bringing strategic decisions.
Some of the types of overviews and functions that this solution provides are:
- Overview of medicine expenses by age and sex of the patient, area, diagnosis or doctor
- Various statistical information by geographic area (regions, counties) the patients come from, visually represented in the form of various maps
- Statistical information on services provided by doctors` specialty
- Length of hospital stay by diagnosis, facilities, departments and doctors
- Monthly, quarterly and annual overview of expenditure of hospital supplies, medicines and services by regions and facilities
- Rankings of medicines and supplies by consumption
- Overview of plans and costs of realization on a monthly, quarterly and annual level
- Analysis of income and expenses by different sources of financing
- Monitoring expense growth by different diagnoses
The AIGO solution is customizable and adaptable, meaning that all functions, examinations, reports and statistical data is modeled after users` specific needs.Artificial intelligence is completely natural
Achievements in development of artificial intelligence and machine learning in the past years have been significant and therefore, their application in different areas is expanding. The base of their successful application are great amounts of data from the widest range of sources which, when analyzed and combined with the ability to constantly learn, enable the creation of “intelligent” services and manifold predictions within the so-called “predictive analytics”.
AIGO Health Analytics offers a range of predictions which are adaptable to users` requests and needs. Some of them are:
- Predicting cost of equipment, services and medicines by types of diagnoses, monthly on a global scale or by various departments
- Predicting the length of stay, analysis of the number of beds available by departments, diagnoses and doctors
- Predicting the number of operations for the next period and related costs
- Predicting diagnosis trends for a set period, planning resources needed for resolution of certain diagnosis as well as the analysis of costs
- Predicting consumption of medicines, creating a supply plan for the next period based on theses predictions
The potential of this solution for healthcare analysis is vast and the application of new technologies in this field brings unimaginable possibilities with the highest end goal that even the healthcare systems of the most developed countries strive for – continuous improvement of health services and better quality of living.Authors:
Mihajlo Canic, Director of IT Solutions
Ruzica Vasic, Team Manager for Business Analytics