The City of Kragujevac has opened a new international contest for the urban planning reconstruction and rehabilitation of the spatial cultural-historical unit of the Military-Technical Institute in Kragujevac.
– The main goal of the contest is to choose the best urban planning and architectural design in line with the contest task, the importance and the potentials of the location, such as corresponds with the surroundings and is adapted to the values of the environment of the protected spatial cultural-historical unit. The aim is to look into the current potentials of the space through contest activities, in line with the cultural-historical context, the importance of the space, with the anticipation of its future development – the contest documentation says.
Monetary awards are envisaged as well – first prize is RSD 4,000,000, second RSD 2,000,000 and third RSD 1,000,000, which is an amount equal to the buyout fund.
The jury will rate the works based on the following general criteria:
– The character and the quality of the improvement of the urban identity of the area in the context of a direct and wider environment.
– A functional completeness and integration of said space into the city matrix.
– A clear and all-encompassing spatial concept of urban reconstruction, recognizable in its main idea.
– The distribution of the purposes and features in the space, the quality and the variety of the offered features, the functionality of the proposed design.
– The scope and the structure of the proposed features, the all-encompassing character of the spatial-program design and the multi-layer character of the offered propositions.
– The harmonization of the urban context as a whole and the realized value of the identity of each ambient (sub)unit; the visual and spatial characteristics and a multilayer perception of said space.
– The quality of the proposed manner of adapting the industrial heritage facilities to the needs of the city and the region, while complying with the principles of preserving the authenticity and integrity of the buildings and the space – by applying modern models of the protection and revitalization of the industrial heritage.
– The urban planning reconstruction and regeneration of this spatial cultural-historical unit of remarkable significance entails the preservation, revitalization, upgrade, adequate use and presentation of industrial heritage facilities and the spaces in their environment, to the end of reviving the complex, improving the urban-architectural, economic, ecological and social aspects of the regenerated space, which would at the same time improve the image of the city’s cultural area and its recognition on a wider regional and even international level – says the contest program.
Plans, projects, design or applications may be sent by July 4, 2022, at 1 PM.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.