Source: eKapija | Tuesday, 22.03.2022.| 15:31
Highlight an article Print out the news

Adaptation of Navigation Lock at HPP Djerdap 2 to Begin Soon – Half a Billion Euros Announced for Development of Water Transport

HPP Djerdap
HPP Djerdap (Photo: Katarina Stevanović)
The agreement on the execution of the works on the adaptation of the navigation lock within the hydro power plant Djerdap 2 was signed with the minister of construction, transport and infrastructure of Serbia, Tomislav Momirovic, by the representative of the leader of the consortium DSD NOELL GmbH, Ioan Gische, who said on that occasion that the realization of the project would be done on the professional level that had been seen on the successfully finished Djerdap 1 project.

The value of the works is EUR 29 million. The EIB loan provides 60% of the funds, whereas the remaining 40% of the funds is secured from Connecting Europe Facility Fund.

The reconstruction of the Port of Prahovo, whose operations are of special importance for the operations of RTB Bor and Industrija Hemijskih Proizvoda Prahovo, is to start soon as well, according to the ministry’s website.

– We will also contract the beginning of the works on the dredging of the sunken German fleet from WW2 – Momirovic pointed out.

He added that, in 2022, Negotin would become one of the biggest construction sites in Europe, especially when it comes to water infrastructure and emphasized that the Government of Serbia had decided to launch investments which, as he estimated, would overhaul the water transport in the country, as Serbia would invest half a billion euros in the development of water transport and water corridors.

– This is a project that is important not just for our municipality and our country, but for the entire Europe, because, with this investment, the potentials of this area will keep developing – the president of the municipality of Negotin, Vladimir Velickovic, pointed out on this occasion.

Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE