Oases for Multiple Families in City Environments New Trend in Construction and Housing – Urban Villas Conquering Novi Sad Real Estate Market
Rokov Potok (Photo: Masterplan ARC)
Although it may sound like a contradiction in terms, today it is no longer impossible to find family peace that many yearn for, while not sacrificing the urban way of life.
Thanks to the expansion and the accelerated urbanization of former suburban areas, families can have both – a cushy home on the outskirts of a city, while still close to all the activities, in other words, an affordable mix of family and urban environments. This is what urban villas, of which there are more and more in Novi Sad, offer.
This is confirmed for eKapija by Vladimir Caric, the sales manager at the Novi Sad-based company Ozon Gradnja, which is simultaneously building two settlements with urban villas, in Petrovaradin and Veternik, and it plans to start a third one too.
– The advantage of urban villas is primarily the privacy which is enabled by fewer apartments per building entrance. People don’t want to live in big high-rises. They want greater security for their children and property. Urban villas offer this thanks to being outside the city, while also close to it, so many decide to sell their downtown apartments and buy for themselves a bigger comfort “five minutes away from the city center” – Caric says.
According to him, the trend of the construction of urban villas is much more present in Novi Sad than in Belgrade, which is dominated by larger residential complexes.
This could have something to do with the specific, “relaxed” lifestyle in Vojvodina.
– The city is spreading toward the outskirts and family people see in these urban villas for multiple families the opportunity to find their peace at an affordable price – says our interviewee, who notes that the prices of urban villas have also gone up due to the increase in the prices of building materials, but that this hasn’t lowered the demand and that the interest is constant.
Rokov Potok (Photo: Masterplan ARC)
According to Caric, Ozon Gradnja started building the first mini settlement with urban villas, Rokov Potok, in late 2020, and the completion is expected in May.
– This is a settlement with 11 two-story free-standing facilities with three apartments per facility, with floor areas of 50 to 150 m2 and two garages each – says Caric, who adds that the Rokov Potok settlement, which is located along the eponymous stream, will also feature a parking lot and a playground for children.
On the other hand, this company is building a larger settlement in Veternik, with five apartments per urban villa.
Veternik Residence (Photo: Masterplan ARC)
– Veternik Residence, whose first phase we are completing in February and the second by the end of the year, will have 34 urban villas connected by a single continuous roof of 200 meters, and this settlement with more than 150 apartments of 25 to 98 m2 will be fenced off – Caric says.
He adds that the preliminary designs for both Rokov Potok and Veternik Residence were prepared by Masterplan ARC from Novi Sad.
Our interviewee reveals that, this spring, Ozon Gradnja will start building another big settlement with urban villas in a row, in Veternik, close to Veternik Residence, and they are currently undergoing the procedure of obtaining the building permit.
Petrovaradin and Veternik are not the only parts of Novi Sad in which urban villas are being raised at a rapid pace – these unique residential units are also being built in Telep, Grbavica, Miseluk, Klisa…
One of them is being built by the Novi Sad-based company DS-Bepol in Grbavica.
According to Steva Dmitrovic, these are in fact two “mirrored” urban villas, each of which has three apartments of 65 to 90 m2 and three garage spaces.
DS-Bepol urban villas (Photo: Masterplan ARC)
– People are interested in these urban villas, because they provide the possibility of housing for multiple families, but for a smaller number of them, which automatically means more peace and privacy, fewer problems with parking… It’s quite different living in a building with six apartments than living in one with 60 – eKapija’s interviewee points out.
Dmitrovic also says that these urban villas, which are also designed by Masterplan ARC, will be completed in February.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here
test use, click