PR-DC was founded in July 2020 as a family company made of mechanical engineers whose idea was to produce unmanned aerial vehicles, but also equipment for drones and robots, in Serbia. There are two generations of the Petrasinovic family behind the company, and the cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Belgrade was recently made official as well.
– Our parents, also mechanical engineers, have been in this business for over 30 years, but our joint company under this name is not even a year old yet. We currently have 11 employees, with around 10 associates and numerous companies we cooperate with on concrete products – Milos Petrasinovic, an aviation engineer, a co-owner of the company and an assistant professor at the Chair for Aviation at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Belgrade, says for eKapija.
The company’s core activity is the production of aircraft and spacecraft and the accompanying equipment, aircraft development, equipment for aircraft and various robots.
– The nature of our business, including the science itself, is that this is a field without strict borders. At PR-DC, we also produce jet suits, for example, as well as many other innovative products. The most important thing is to have the knowledge and to have ideas, and with the kind of team our company has, we are truly capable of creating many different products – Petrasinovic points out.
In order for a drone or some other type of aircraft to be produced, time is required in addition to the idea and the knowledge. Accordingly, PR-DC is currently mostly in the phase of development of new drones and their production.
– Foreign markets will certainly be in our focus. When we decided as a family to found PR-DC, our intention was to get to all corners of the world, but from Serbia. During our studies, we had opportunities and job offers from all over Europe, at some of the most prestigious companies and science institutes. However, we truly believed in ourselves and knew even back then that the 21st century carried with it a lot of new things, one of which is innovative entrepreneurship. This means that, nowadays, it is no longer as important which corner of the world you are located in, as long as your products are innovative and competitive – our interviewee says.
The aim they’ve set for themselves is to enrich the offer of developed products in the market and to develop new ones.
– Some of them are unmanned aerial vehicles with movable wings and an electrical energy source, with a load bearing capacity of 1, 20, 100 and 250 kilograms. Then there’s also a system for pilot training and aircraft with fixed wings for special purposes, as well as the further development of hybrid aircraft for missions which require longer flight times – Petrasinovic says.
Cooperation with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
Recently, the company signed an agreement with the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering in Belgrade which envisages joint participation in various projects and international conferences, joint research and participation in the modification of education programs.
– This is practically an institutionalization of the cooperation with our parent house, although we have been strongly connected anyway for years now. I am also an assistant professor at the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, I am involved in lectures and I know how important practice is in this field. In addition to the students who will come for practice at our company, there’s also the possibility of a joint work on the development of products with available laboratories, joint participation in conferences, seminars – Petrasinovic says.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.