Source: eKapija+ | Wednesday, 03.03.2021.| 11:57
Highlight an article Print out the news

Novi Grad to Get Biogas Power Plant Worth EUR 4.5 Million – Special Technology to be Used to Get Electricity from Straw and Corn Stover

Illustration
Illustration (Photo: Milica Stevuljević)
The company Lignigas MWK R.E.B. is a step away from getting the construction permit for a biogas power plant of 1 MW which is to open in Novi Grad.

– All the necessary permits have already been issued by various institutions and only the last item remains – the issuing of the construction permit by the ministry in Banjaluka, which will probably take another few weeks – the company’s director, Goran Vrsajko, says for eKapija.

The bio power plant will have a capacity of 1 MW and the plan is to have an annual production of 8,000 to 8,100 MWh. The facility’s technology, Vrsajko explains, is the same or similar as in other biogas power plants in the world, but they do have one of the latest technologies – BMT SYSTEM, which is a patent of their partner company in Germany.

– Our technology BMT System is the winner of the 2017 and 2018 Green Awards. This technology entails the use of very small amounts of agricultural waste, namely, straw and corn stover, in the amounts for 1 MW. In more precise terms, we need 600 to 650 kg of straw instead of 2,200 to 2,400 tons of corn silage for 1 MW of produced electricity. The advantage is that we can still use all the types of biological waste from the food industry – Vrsajko clarifies for eKapija.

The entire production of the biogas power plant will be supplied to the system of Elektroprivreda Republika Srpske.

– As for the supply of biomass, our partner company Agrilogistica MWK R.E.B. will farm around 300 hectares of soil, producing various grains, and the waste produced will be delivered to Lignigas MWK R.E.B. for the purposes of production. The amounts we produce ourselves will be sufficient for 60% of the processing, whereas the remaining 40% is to be bought out from agricultural producers from the territory of Potkozarje. The total annual quantity of biomass is around 5,000 tons, depending on the quality of straw. We also use around 2,000 tons of farming waste from the farms in the area, as well as various leftovers from the food industry, when needed.

Our interviewee says that they have “overstepped the deadline slightly”, so the projected costs have increased by several percentage points, and the total investment will therefore amount to around EUR 4.5 million until the start of the operations.

– We expect our biogas power plant to be complete and functional by the end of 2021 and to start regular production activities in January or February 2022.

Another power plant possible

Lignigas MWK R.E.B. is located in the Novi Grad Indsutrial Zone of Poljavnice. The area of the building land is 33,000 m2, in the heart of the industrial zone.

– We have enough land to set up another power plant with the same capacity if the conditions allow for it – Vrsajko said.

T. B.
Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE