Plodovi Mog Imanja Company – Natural Raspberry and Blackberry Products Coming from Rajac
(Photo: Facebook / plodovimogimanja)
The clear air and the authentic beauty of the intact nature make Rajac, for many the most attractive mountain in western Serbia, something of an earthly paradise. Given its position and altitude, ideal for growing raspberries, and its meadows full of flowers and medicinal herbs, it’s no wonder why the Kokanovic family has decided to establish their own production business here, in Slavkovica on Smiljanica Brdo.
– We purchased the property in the summer of 2017 and as soon as late October that year we organized a working event together with our neighbors, parents, friends, their children and ours and we quickly planted the Willamette raspberry on half a hectare, as we had heard that it was a leading and very productive variety. There was an interest in growing raspberries that year, because it was very profitable, and we had the space and the idea to try to grow something that would bring us additional income – Zorica Kokanovic of the Belgrade-based company Plodovi Mog Imanja, says for eKapija.
She adds that they had read a lot about the way the raspberry is cultivated, when it is treated, which diseases affect it, its importance to human health, and decided to treat it exclusively with organic protection products.
– Having your raspberries nice and healthy involves a lot of work. We have already learned about the works involving the gardening, the treatment and the picking. It is truly a unique and beautiful experience – Kokanovic says.
Raspberry plantations on Rajac (Photo: Facebook / plodovimogimanja)
Under the Plodovi Mog Imanja brand, they have made 100% raspberry juices, cold pressed, pasteurized, without any water or other fruit additives, because, according to our interviewee, they want their products to be of high quality and to be recognized for it.
– We don’t want the labes to say “100% fruit” and to have something like 30% raspberry and 70% apple inside. Our raspberry spread contains 74 g of raspberry per 100 g of the product. I believe that the quality is obvious – points out Zorica Kokanovic.
Although they also produce blackberry juice, they do not grow blackberries, but buy them out from their neighbors, who also have quality, healthy blackberries, our interviewee says.
– Two months ago, we officially started producing the Iskrena Rakija fruit brandy and the Cloud Rider gin, and our property is full of potential. Perhaps we raise a nice ethno village at some point here. We’re going with the flow. It’s important for one to be a part of a healthy and happy family – Kokanovic believes.
The products made by the Kokanovic family are available through their website, but also on their Instagram and Facebook profiles. They are also available in stores in Belgrade and in many restaurants. Online sale is possible through the Gimme Food app and the Volim Domace website.
Fully natural juices and spreads (Photo: Facebook / plodovimogimanja / milinkuvar)
Our interviewee notes that it takes patience and a vision and that not everything is simple. She adds that there are numerous things that need to be taken into account, but that all this is needed to establish a strong foundation for the production.
– We are very satisfied with everything we’ve achieved, the fact that our children are helping us, that we’ve found happiness here and that we are building a fulfilled life for us and our children. One day they will surely be proud of us and of themselves too for being a part of what we hope is a strong and beautiful future – Zorica Kokanovic believes.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here
test use, click