The heads of the Municipality of Merosina are negotiating with several companies which are interested in opening facilities in this municipality in the south of Serbia and employing new workers, the president of the municipality, Sasa Jovanovic, says for eKapija.
According to him, Feron Liv Group should soon start operating near the industrial zone in Aleksandrovo, and its partner TIM Industriel Steel, active in the light metal structures business, which already operates in Nis, also plans to expand its business to the Municipality of Merosina.
– They are adapting the existing building and are planning to employ around 70 workers – Jovanovic says.
He points out that Ming kovacnica, a forging and machine processing company from Nis, is also interested in investing in Merosina.
– They want to buy land of around 2 ares, where they would build a new production hall of 2,500 square meters in the first phase and employ up to 80 workers – our interviewee says and adds that the company has already sent a letter of intent to the Development Agency.
– If they get a positive opinion, we expect them to start the works soon.
In March, according to him, Altina, a company which produces napkins, paper towels and toilet paper, should also expand its production.
– Several months ago, they were bought by AS trgovina, which has around 140 stores throughout Serbia. Around 20 workers are employed there now, and the plan is to have another 70 employed – Jovanovic says.
He adds that they are also negotiating with another potential investor, the Nis-based company Arhibet, which produces segmental pavers.
– The creation of new jobs would raise Merosina above the state average when it comes to the employment – Jovanovic points out.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.