United Group has reached an agreement on the acquisition of Vestnik Telegraf EOOD, the largest Bulgarian newspaper company, from Intrust EAD.
– We are excited to be able to announce this agreement. Bulgaria is an attractive market for United Group and Telegraf complements our portfolio with printed media in that country. With Telegraf within United Group, we will be able to provide our users in Bulgaria with a whole range of services and media content. We see an opportunity to further upgrade all of Telegraf’s publications by switching to digital operations, in order to further strengthen our digital portfolio in Bulgaria – said Victoriya Boklag, the CEO of United Group.
Vestnik Telegraf EOOD manages several brands:
– Telegraf – the most read daily in the country;
– Monitor – a political and economic daily;
– Match Telegraf – the leading sports newspaper;
– Politika – a political and economic weekly;
– Europost – a weekly in English;
– Borba – a regional daily.
Telegraf, Monitor, Politika, Europost and Borba also offer digital content on their portals.
The transaction is expected to be completed in the first quarter of 2021, after the usual regulatory approvals.
United Group entered the Bulgarian market in 2019 when it won the tender for the purchase of VIVACOM, the leading TC operator in Bulgaria. In January 2021, the acquisition of Nova Broadcasting Group, the largest Bulgarian media company, with several platforms, followed.
In Serbia, SBB and its services EON and Total TV operate within United Group, and media content is presented by TV stations and portals Sport Klub, Nova S and N1.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.