The plan of BIG CEE is to grow in Serbia and the entire Balkans, said CEO Robert Yahav within the conference CEO Summit Beograd.
– We started in Novi Sad, and now we are present in Belgrade, Pancevo, Zrenjanin. The plan is to expand in Serbia. Yesterday, I was in Novi Pazar, we also want to go to Nis, Zlatibor, Subotica, I invite representatives of local self-governments to contact us so that we can cooperate – Yahav says.
He points out that the plan is for them to grow from Serbia as the center in the entire Balkans.
– We want to be an important player in the Balkans, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Croatia – Yahav pointed out.
He adds that the company plans to stay in Serbia in the upcoming period as well.
– I have been here for 15 years now, 99% of the people from my team are from Serbia. I can say that there are trained workers in the whole country, so we will focus on other cities outside Belgrade as well. I don’t see myself as a foreign investor. We see ourselves as a local company and we will be here in 20-30 years as well – he said.Investments in logistics sector
The CEO of BIG CEE also pointed out that the plan was for the investments of the company in real estate to expand from the retail sector to the logistic sector too.
– From shopping malls, retail, we are also moving toward the logistics sector. When it comes to retail, I can say that we are number one here. Our investments and our know-how attract others as well. So, we see ourselves as someone who can lead the way when it comes to the development – he says.
The impact of coronavirus, he says, is felt in the business, but they are optimistic.
– We are not ignoring coronavirus, but we keep on working. The impact is felt and it is not insignificant, but we are optimistic and we believe that there’s room for growth.
BIG CEE manages 200,000 square meters of shopping centers, office spaces, logistics centers and residential facilities, as well as more than 150,000 square meters of land meant for future development.