Source: seebiz.eu | Thursday, 28.01.2010.| 14:58
Highlight an article Print out the news

MRKONJIĆ: We formed consortium to buy Port Bar

The Minister of Infrastructure of Serbia, Milutin Mrkonjić, confirmed that Serbia had formed the consortium of companies that would participate with the Government in the tender for acquisition of Port Bar.

Mrkonjić said to Podgorica's newspaper Vijesti that all the documentation had been collected and that the consortium would be led by the company owned by famous Serbian businessman Miodrag Kostić, as well as that it comprised Smederevo-based Sartid and Victoria Group.

Mrkonjić announced that the companies that would take part in the privatization of Port Bar would get certain reliefs in Serbia, but he did not specify which. He pointed out that that was definitely not going to be money from the government budget. He repeated that the interest of Serbia was to gain access to the sea and that the political interest of Serbia and Montenegro was to be together.

The Minister said that about 1m tons of goods were annually transported by rail to Bar, and he said that no additional investments were required for that amount to be increased to 2.5m tons of goods. He is of the opinion that about 300m EUR should be invested in Port Bar and railways, that is, 50m EUR in the port and 250m EUR in the railways.
Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE