Dotika Exports Premium Products to EU – Blueberries and Plums Made in Serbia Available in Renowned Supermarkets
Blueberry (Photo: Dotika)
The company Dotika was founded in 2007 in Gornji Milanovac and has since been in the import and distribution business. Their first distribution activities were related to food supplements for athletes, made by renowned world producers, and ten years later, they started an exclusive cooperation with the German company Alois Dallmayr OHG, Germany's most famous producer of coffee, for which they are exclusive importers for Serbia and the Balkans in the HoReCa and the retail sectors.
Their offer includes fruit.
– Our fresh fruit program consists of berries, and we would like to highlight the cultivated berry as our premium product and best exporting article, as well as stone fruits, where we would like to highlight the plum. We don't produce fruit, though there have been some ideas in that direction. We have a good base of subcontractors and we try to increase the number of quality producers each year – Vladimir Milosavljevic, the owner of Dotika, says for eKapija.
The company started exporting fruit in 2019, and the quantity of exported blueberries amounted to 60 tons, whereas 20 tons of plums were exported. This year, they have an ambitious plan of increasing the quantities multiple times.
– Our purchasers are large trade companies from Germany, Austria, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium and Great Britain. They also supply renowned supermarket chains such as LIDL, ALDI, REWE, Migros, Coop – Milosavljevic says.
Coffee and Krem Krem
Dotika entered the coffee business together with Alois Dallmayr from Munich. They are one of the oldest and most famous German companies in the coffee manufacturing business.
– At the moment, we offer Dallmayr products to the HoReCa sector, whereas, in the upcoming period, we plan to expand our portfolio with products for retail chains – our interviewee says.
Their portfolio also features the Krem Krem sweet spread. The clients are retail stores, pancake places, hotels and restaurants. In addition to this product, they also offer a thermally stable sweet spread meant for the baking industry.
– The production is also export oriented, so our products have been available in the EU market and the countries in the area for a long time – Milosavljevic adds.
Krem Krem (Photo: Dotika)
When asked about the impact of coronavirus on the business, our interviewee says that there's been a halt in the coffee sales, as hospitality facilities and hotels were closed. Still, he believes that everything is slowly getting back to normal.
– The preparations for the export of fruit are in full swing and the first deliveries of blueberries to our customers are to be made soon. We are convinced that the delay caused by the COVID-19 epidemic was an opportunity to look into all the aspects of our business, detect and remove the flaws and strengthen the existing markets and expand new ones – says Vladimir Milosavljevic.
He adds that the company's plans are for it to position itself in the market as a company that offers premium products and services and to continue its ambitious plan to become a leader in the export of fresh fruit to the markets of the EU, the Middle East and the Far East.