On May 19, at the premises of Autoceste FbiH in Sarajevo, the bids for the construction of a highway on Corridor 5C, section Mostar south – Buna, subsection Kvanj Tunnel – Buna, were officially opened.
The bids for the construction of the Kvanj Tunnel – Buna subsection were made by the following companies:
– China Road and Bridge Corporation and CCCC Second Highway Engineering Co. – China;
– The Consortium of Sinohydro Corporation Limited and Powerchina Roadbridge Group Co. – China;
– China State Construction Engineering Corporation Limited – China;
– Cengiz Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret AS – Turkey;
– The Consortium of Ozaltin Insaat Ticaret ve Sanayi AS –Turkey & Azvirt Limited Liability Company – Azerbaijan and Hering – BiH;
– AGE Insaat ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi and LLC (Turkey);
– Joint Venture: China Second Metallurgy Group Co. and Guizhou Transportation Planning Survey–Design Academy Co. – China;
– China Railway 14th Bureau Group Co. – China;
– Euro-Asfalt – BiH.
The Kvanj Tunnel-Buna subsection is 5.2 kilometers long. The most important structures include the double-tube tunnel Kvanj (right tube 2,645 m and left one 2,720 m), the Rotimski Potok viaduct of 320 m and an overpass, and the rest of the route links to the Buna-Pocitelj subsection, which is in the final phase of the construction.
Also, within this project, the Buna-Domanovici regional road will be reconstructed, with the total length of 14.5 km.
The construction agreement will follow the “design & build” (Yellow FIDIC) model. The estimated construction period is 36 months.
The Kvanj Tunnel-Buna subsection will be financed from the loan of the European Investment Bank (EIB) of EUR 100 million, and an application for EU grants through the Agenda for Connection through the Western Balkans Investment Framework (WBIF) has been made as well – Autoceste FbiH announced.
The construction of the Mostar south-Buna section, which is split into two subsections, Mostar south-Kvanj Tunnel and Kvanj Tunnel-Buna, will connect Mostar with the European network of highways, making for a functional, uninterrupted highway from the Croatian border in the north all the way to the entrance to Mostar, which is invaluable for citizens, companies and enterprises, Autoceste BiH emphasized.
You can view the current INFOMAP of the highways and high-speed routes under construction in BiH and the region HERE