- Due to realization of the business with company "Fiat", about 80m EUR will be invested in construction of infrastructure and equipping of the industrial zone in Kragujevac prior to the end of year 2012 - the city administration announced today (December 24, 2009).
The Deputy Mayor of Kragujevac, Nebojša Zdravković, said to the press that over 30m EUR would be invested in construction of highway section Kragujevac-Batočina, the connection with Corridor 10, and the works should be finished by the end of year 2011.
- Another 30m EUR will be provided for the works on the Southern bypass, which should be finished until the end of year 2012, while the starting investments in equipping industrial and duty-free zone "Korman polje" will exceed 10m EUR - said Zdravković.
According to his words, "Korman polje" will be the best and the largest industrial zone in Serbia. That is where 15 main manufacturers of parts for "Fiat" will be settled in the initial phase, before the end of 2010.
- The space of 67 ha is provided for "Fiat", and the funds for initial public utility and infrastructure equipping of that zone have been set aside in the National Investment Plan (NIP) - said Zdravković.
He specified that construction of junction 3.5 km long, gas pipeline 4.5 km long, and 1 kilometer of water supply network was necessary.
According to Zdravković's words, highway section Kragujevac-Batočina, 4.6 km long, and the overpass above the railway would be finished by the end of January 2010.
The works on the highway section 9.8 km long will be continued the next year, while the completion of the last section to Batočina, 5 km long, should be finished prior to end of year 2011.
- Over 1 billion RSD in the budget of the Ministry of NIP is set aside for realization of these capital investments - said Zdravković.
He pointed out that the development of automobile industry in Kragujevac was one of three capital projects of national importance, which are financed by the Ministry of NIP.
According to the words of Zdravković, the budget of the City of Kragujevac for year 2010 includes 235m RSD for infrastructure equipping of the facilities of significance to development of automobile industry.
- We planned to invest in construction of new street to settlement Erdeč, the street to Zastava's clinic and reconstruction of the street from "Korman polje" to roundabout Rakalj - said Zdravković.
Reconstruction of the whole section of Kragujevac-Lapovo railway, 29 km long, and refurbishment and automation of railway crossing on that junction are in the pipeline for year 2010.
- It is necessary that the railway that now enables trains to travel at the speed of 25 km/h to be brought in the condition to support the speed of 100 km/h - said Zdravković.