The foundation stone for the business=storage logistic center for Gresto d.o.o. has been laid down in the Ruma industrial zone, beside the highway. According to the announcements, the facility should be finished by Summer of the current year. The investments worth is Eur 2 million for the first phase.
The foundation stone was laid down by the Minister of Agriculture, Branislav Nedimovic, the Mayor of Ruma, Sladjan Mancic, the representatives of Gresto, the representatives of Netherlands and North Macedonia embassies.
– This is a classic example of the most up-to-date method of growing vegetables and a school example how the knowledge in agriculture will be transferred from this point on and how to cut expenses and have the product when nobody else does, Nedimovic said.
He said that farmers have been growing vegetables out in the open in the past 20 years and had plenty of problems, mostly because of bad weather. Then they moved to plastic greenhouses and today they will use glass greenhouses.
– I'm confident that the technology Gresto brought will yield results in Serbia too, because if Netherlands and Macedonia can do it I don't see why it couldn’t be done in Serbia too, the minister said and added that the Government has secured the funds in the budget for glass greenhouses.
Gresto is a logistics project, that came out as a result of 20 years of successful collaboration between the Netherlands' KG Greenhouse BV and Macedonian partner Balkan Greenhouse, that are both the investors and Gresto owners.
Aside from the logistics center in Ruma, a demonstration, pilot greenhouse will also be built for training and presentations.
– Horticentar Adria group had a vision as far as five years ago to transfer what we do in the Netherlands to Serbia. We were welcomed here in Serbia, and we found a team of experts and partners. By opening the logistics center in Ruma we are showing that this is an investment for the long run, the co-owner and co-partner of Gresto d.o.o., Aleksandar Stojkov said and added:
– We haven't come here to sell fertilizers, but to get people to nourish the plants not fertilize them. That is the essence of out technology. We also urge automatization in agriculture, energy efficiency, environmental protection and we offer better working conditions for our employees.
Additional ten people will be employed but they announced that they were planning to built several other greenhouses which will employ workers too.
– The municipal administration has issued a permit to Gresto two weeks ago and they have already laid the foundation stone today and started the preparatory works. It means a great deal that a domestic company from Indjija has been hired for the construction of the logistics center, the Mayor of Ruma, Sladjan Mancic said.
The said enterprise is a regional project, within which, beside the logistics and demonstration facilities in Ruma, the same were built in North Macedonia while at the same time, another one is being developed in Croatia.