Turbine factory being raised at CTPark Novi Sad – Opening in spring 2020, jobs for 500 people
Factory under construction
The new turbine factory that is being built at the business Zone North 4 in Novi Sad will start working in April 2020. The factory is being built by CTP invest, which signed an agreement with BMTS Technology, one of the leading producers of turbines in the world, in early July 2019.
The construction site was visited on Wednesday, November 13, by the mayor of Novi Sad, Milos Vucevic, the ambassador of Austria to Serbia, Nikolaus Lutterotti, as well as representatives of CTP Invest and BMTS Technology.
The facility will have a total area of 24,350 m2, CTP will directly invest over EUR 15 million in the facility and the land, and the planned value of the production equipment is around EUR 35 million. A considerable part of the facility will be equipped with all the necessary features for R&D activities, and BMTS will bring 500 new jobs to Novi Sad. An R&D center will also be established, with 50 engineers and another 70 university-educated workers, whereas 380 people will be employed in production.
– Several years ago, this was an abandoned field that no one paid attention to. However, one of the best factories in the automotive industry is now coming here and I want to welcome them on behalf of Novi Sad. I also thank the people from CTP Invest who bought this parcel. It's important that we will also have a development center here, and I also believe that the company will have good cooperation with the university and vocational schools. In another year or two, there will also be new factories on neighboring parcels, as there's a great interest. I hope that CTPark Novi Sad will start working in late April. Austria is one of our most important economic partners and I thank the ambassador for the support – Vucevic said.
Milos Vucevic, Nikolaus Lutterotti, Guenter Semeja and Vlatko Djuricek
Together with ambassador Lutterotti, the country head of CTP Invest for Serbia, Vlatko Djuricek and the Managing Director of BMTS, Guenter Semeja, who is in charge of the company's operations in Europe and Serbia, Vucevic symbolically laid a time capsule within the construction site, containing messages they wrote previously.
– It is my great pleasure to be in Novi Sad on this occasion and that we can see a large company's construction site. Our economic ties are very strong and I believe that they will keep developing, as Austrian investors are satisfied with the conditions in Serbia – Lutterotti emphasized.
Vlatko Djuricek, the representative of the Dutch company CTP Invest, pointed out that the company had the largest integrated system of top-quality business parks in Central and Eastern Europe.
– As you can see, the construction is going very well, and the opening of one of the most modern factories in Serbia is planned for April 2020. CTP will always try to support every project of BMTS in Novi Sad and anywhere in Serbia. Our company invested more than EUR 13 million in this project and I truly hope that this is just the beginning of a long-term cooperation. Novi Sad is the third city where we are successfully developing A-class industrial parks. The support of Novi Sad has once again shown to be a very important aspect of the efficient realization of our projects. I'd especially like to thank our hosts, Mr Vucevic, the mayor of Novi Sad, and Mrs Marija Dukic-Mijatovic, the consultant for the implementation of strategic projects. Thank you for your constant support – Djuricek said.
Future look of CTPark Novi Sad
He also reminded that, in addition to Novi Sad, the CTP facilities in Belgrade and Kragujevac have gotten their renters as well.
– After the realization of all the current projects in the said cities, our portfolio will reach 150,000 m2 of premium industrial space. CTP has great plans in Serbia and we plan new investments in the upcoming period. From the moment the client contacts us to the moment when we move in a modern factory, only ten months can pass, as shown by the example of the factory in Kragujevac – Vlatko Djuricek pointed out.
Guenter Semeja of BMTS Technology emphasized that the decision to build a factory in Novi Sad was made after a thorough research of potential locations, as it was estimated that there was no better place to develop the company's operations.
– This is a large construction site, we have an office in Novi Sad with five employees, and the number will increase in the upcoming months – Semeja stated.