The second round table Real Estate – Foundations of Quality gathered representatives of companies which offer building products. Topics at the round table were how premium products influence the end-value of the project realized and how important the correct choice of building materials is.
Vladimir Simic, the director of Helios Srbija a.d, a company which produces paints and coatings, pointed out that they realized 10% of their sales in the European Union, amounting to EUR 3 million. This primarily pertains to powdered coatings in the construction industry. For this reason, they are familiar with standards and norms.
– We need to meet the strict norms of the ETA standard, which are confirmed by the Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute (Zavod za gradbenistvo Slovenije – ZAG). The processes and the labor force are checked once a year and a positive rating of the harmonization is given – Simic said.
He believes that what the construction sector needs is a digital transformation, in order to more easily get to concrete examples and videos and have problems solve quickly with the use of smartphones.
Radomir Vuckovic of Arterracotta, which is in the facade systems business, said that they had a German certificate for their products, but that the products had also been attested locally. He pointed out that ventilated facades required the testing of the system and that the Institute for Testing of Materials-IMS Institute did not provide that service. That is why certificates are bought in the EU, and Serbia needs documents for harmonizing with the local regulations.
– I believe that investments need to be made in the longest-lasting materials, especially when it comes to water supply, the sewer system, electrical installations and even facades. The facade is a facility's ID. The market requires innovations, and we can offer listels, which are cheaper than bricks and which increase efficiency, as well as large format porcelain ceramics – Vuckovic said.
Ratka Antonijevic of the company Baumit noted that the company offered the same quality of products, those for facades, the exterior and the stability of any facility, in all states its products are present in. They are especially dedicated to environmental protection.
– The ecological quality of the product is important, as it affects our health. That is why we have the Nature + tag, which designates climate protection, healthy living and sustainability – said Antonijevic.
She added that the standardization of the same products made by different companies should be implemented. She also believes that it is necessary to turn to designers and architectural studios and provide them with additional training.
– Employees, project associates, investors, architect and contractors also need to be educated. They need to be presented with innovations, which attract large investments, but also bring long-term benefits. This is something we can say for the new generation of silicone facades with the quick drying effect, or for self-cleaning facades, thanks to photocatalyst materials – Ratka Antonijevic emphasized.
Ivana Petronijevic of Alumil YU Industry, which has 30 years of tradition, said that Google had chosen their window systems for a building in New York, with a 0.55 permeability coefficient, as opposed to the requested 0.6.
– Innovations are well accepted, as new systems are planned for a purpose and with a view to what's in demand. We also organize marketing activities, present the characteristics of products and the possibility of their implementation – Petronijevic explained.
When it comes to innovations, Milenko Markov of Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Aruba Network System Engineer, a leading producer of wire and wireless equipment, clarified that digital transformation in fact meant connecting the activity with IT. The main goal is to either earn, that is, to get new jobs, or to reduce costs.
– One example is Amadria Park from Sibenik, with five hotels. They wanted to raise their rating on the websites Booking and TripAdvisor when it comes to the quality of the WiFi connection. Thanks to a reconstruction and the provision of a quality network, they have managed to do so. Thanks to this, they hosted Microsoft and Cornet Technology and got good new projects. When it comes to the new Hotel Capitol in Zagreb, by implementing the same solution, they managed to have their rating on those websites raised to 9.8 – Markov emphasized.
He added that more and more devices can now be connected to the WiFi network, such as speakers, locks, AC devices, refrigerators, ovens and scales, and that the Internet of Things (IoT) is becoming an everyday thing.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.