Source: Tanjug | Friday, 31.05.2019.| 08:33
Highlight an article Print out the news

ANTIC: Linear part of TurkStram gas pipeline to be completed by end-2019

(Photo: Mc.rs)
The TurkStream project is very important for Serbia and the linear part of the gas pipeline section will be completed this year.

– The linear part will provide Serbia with a number of possibilities it hasn’t had so far, including the construction of gas power plants – said Serbian Minister of Mining and Energy Aleksandar Antic.

He said on TV Happy that the new project was set up as a commercial project, unlike South Stream, which had been set up as a political and interstate project.

Gazprom and Srbijagas will finance 30% as the founders, whereas the remaining 70% will be financed from loans which Gastrans will with withdraw and then repay. Antic said that it was an economically sound project, which will secure financing, a return on the financing and a profit.

– We need to secure a position which will be based primarily on national interests and securing our energy security. Serbia needs to secure gas for itself, and it is precisely for this reason that we are putting in maximum effort to have these projects set up well – Antic said.

When it comes to the section through Serbia, Gastrans has managed to obtain a decision on the project’s exception and the permits for preparations on three of the total of four sections.

– This time, we are truly doing things differently and we are primarily focused on securing regulatory conditions for this gas pipeline to be able to operate. Preparatory works began on April 15, and construction works began on May 15 – the minister explained.

Only logged-in users can comment.