The construction site for the logistics complex KLP officially opened on Thursday, May 17, in Simanovci. The foundation stone for the KLP complex was laid down at the same time.
The KLP logistics center
is situated on a premium location in Simanovci, along the E-70 highway. It will feature 50,000 m2 of state-of-the-art storage space for the needs of logistics companies.
– The first phase of the project will be over in July 2019, which means that it will be fully available to future renters. We will also start building complex 2 very soon, I hope within the next month. When it comes to the third phase, that is, the construction of complex 3, which will be a multifunctional cooling plant, everything is still in the planning stage. This whole cold chain is a very complicated process, so I hope that the project will be completed and that the foundation stone will be laid down before the end of 2019 – Kosta Ginic, the director of KLP, told eKapija.
As he pointed out, the KLP 2 complex already has a renter, one of the world's leading logistics companies, whose name will be revealed soon.
– I believe that it is up to the renter to announce this, so I wouldn't like to reveal anything here. When it comes to the KLP 1 complex, we will be the first users, as we needed to expand our storage, logistics and production resources. As for the remaining space, there are already interested renters and I believe that there won't be problems when it comes to renting – eKapija's interviewee said.
While presenting the project, Kosta Ginic emphasized that KLP did not want to follow the recent trend of having a facility built before the project is prepared.
– We invested a lot of time and money in preparing a quality project task, which led to a quality project, and we only then started building. The facility is being built in line with the highest quality standards – FM Global and LEED standards. Our logistics centers and A-class facilities for modern industrial facilities. Everything here was done with the aim of providing the future renters with the ability to realize all their needs in order to reach an optimal level of operations – Ginic pointed out.
The opening of the construction site was attended by the president of the municipality of Pecinci, Zeljko Trbovic, who expressed his satisfaction over the opening of another construction site and emphasized the importance of such investments.
– We now have around 70 greenfield investments in Pecinci. Around EUR 700 million has been invested. Around 200,000 m2 is currently being built in Simanovci, which is very important for a small municipality such as this. We continue to expand, and KLP has announced further projects. We have managed to get a public transport line and all the possible infrastructure is available to investors, making Pecinci an excellent place to invest in, which has been recognized by investors – Trbovic pointed out.
Tatjana Vesnic, the PR of KLP, pointed out that the company aimed to have the standards in building logistics centers in Serbia raised to a higher level.
– This needs to be done both for our needs and the needs of the future renters in the field of logistics, which will find this facility more than useful. We value the activities of the Municipality of Pecinci highly, because, in these industrial zones, at one moment you can see an empty farm and then an excellent business facility springs up in that location. I am therefore certain that the KLP complex, with all the standards it has, will be useful, not just to logistics companies, but to the whole Municipality of Pecinci – Vesnic said.