FPM Agromehanika once again took part in the International Agricultural Fair in Novi Sad, and in addition to its standard program, the company also presented some new features and announced new projects, the realization of which will begin in the upcoming period.
As Boris Corovic, the sales and marketing manager at FPM Agromehanika, told eKapija, this company will start building a new hall in June, where it will assemble Solis tractors, which it represents in this market.
– This project entails the increase of capacities and the adaptation of the existing hall, which serves as a warehouse of finished products. It will be adapted into a hall for assembling tractors, which means that fully disassembled tractors will be sent from the International Tractors Limited – Sonalika factory in India to be assembled in the factory in Serbia. We are now assembling partially disassembled tractors – Corovic says for eKapija.
As he says, the switch to the new phase will make the transport considerably cheaper, as more tractors will be able to fit into a single container.
– All this will only be a transitional step toward our end goal, which is to localize 20-30% of the components. Under our strategic agreement with the partner from India, in two to three years, we should have 20-30% of the components either produced at our factory in Boljevac or bought from local producers – Boris Corovic emphasizes for our portal.
As for their presentation at the International Agricultural Fair, FPM Agromehanika showcased its full range of products, which consists of four main categories.
– The first one includes hay processing machines. The second one consists of soil working machines. There are also various mulching machines. The third category also includes devices for dispersing salt and fertilizers, as well as snow plates for tractors. Finally, there are the so-called moto-products – eKapija's interviewee says.
He reminds that, in addition to its own products, FPM is also showcasing Solis tractors, which it officially distributes in Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia.
New features at the fair
As Boris Corovic told eKapija, FPM Agromehanika presented several new features at the fair as well.
– We have fruit mulching machines, which have been practically redesigned, with a different, more modern look and improved technical characteristics. Also, there's the movable rotating harrow, for inter-row spaces. This is only a prototype, but the serial production will start soon – Corovic announces.
Furthermore, the producer also presented two snow plates, one with a range of 1.5 m, the other with 2.5 m. The new feature is that the plate is now oval in shape, making it more suitable for communal works. Also, it has an impact amortization system, making it fully flexible in contact with obstacles.
– There is another small technical innovation – a covered device for the dispersion of salt. In winter conditions, the cover protects the device from rain, snow and other types of weather-related impact. We also showcased a product we do not consider an innovation, a folding rotating duplex harrow of six meters, produced in cooperation with the Italian factory Breviglieri – our interviewee emphasizes.
He reminds that the factory exports 70% of what it produces to 32 countries.
– We are present in nearly all the states of Western Europe, in Algeria, Ukraine... We take part in numerous international fairs, and we are currently negotiating with partners from Australia – Boris Corovic says for eKapija.