Intensive branding, supplying and opening of “Familija markets” is underway in Serbia, the plans are more than ambitious, while realization is exceptionally quick in spite of the global economic crisis. Namely, 9 supermarkets had been opened prior to April 10th (Dušanovac, Zemun, Beograđanka, Sava - Block 44 in New Belgrade, Miljakovac, Užice, Knjaževac, Leskovac, Bajina Bašta), and the new trade center is going to be opened in Kraljevo in only five days, while May is reserved for celebrations and opening of supermarkets in Kragujevac, Bor and Niš.
On that occasion, the editors of eKapija spoke to Dijana Trajković, the CEO, and Maja Jovanović, the Marketing Coordinator in this company. Here are some interesting details.
eKapija: Who invented the business model of "Familija market"? Was it developed within the Group or by one of the famous consulting companies?
- The business model of "Familija market" was invented by top management of "Verano group".
eKapija : Have you defined the firm policy of goods sales and the shares of domestic and foreign goods within the trade system ?
- "Familija market" adapts its offer to suit the microlocation and demand of concrete consumers in concrete city or municipality. The offer that is present in majority of supermarkets, as well as in ours, is enriched with ready-made dishes and meat of strictly controlled origin and exceptional quality. There is a bakery in every "Familija market", while the section with fresh fruit and vegetables is something we are all very proud of – in addition to rich offer of fresh fruit and vegetables, our consumers have the guarantee that they have bought a quality and healthy product.
Domestic goods have the priority in "Familija market", but we also offer imported goods to consumers. Our support to domestic production is not going to be reflected in absence of choice, but in well-thought campaign aimed at sale of domestic products.
eKapija : What is the target group of "Familija market"?
- The offer of "Familija market" is not intended for certain financial category, but for wide range of consumers who shop locally. "Familija market" in Zemun is intended for the consumers from Zemun, "Familija market" in Leskovac is adapted to suit the habits and needs of the citizens of Leskovac, etc.
eKapija: Tell us some details concerning further expansion of your system in the country. Is there a strategy for expansion of the network to neighboring countries?
- For the time being, we are completely dedicated to the local market and our primary goal is to satisfy local consumers, which does not exclude expansion abroad. "Familija market" is also present in refurbished Department stores Beograd.
eKapija : Would you like to mention architects, significant contractors and suppliers of equipment for Familija Market?
- Architectural company "Projmetal" draws all plans for exterior and interior, and it also runs construction of "Familija markets".
eKapija : Who has designed the sign, uniforms and other features of the brand?
- The sign, uniforms and other features of brand "Familija market" have been designed by the team within the top management of "Verano Group", while “Verano marketing” is responsible for the advertising campaign in paper and electronic media.
eKapija : Has "Familija market" defined the typical sizes of facilities?
- The size of Familija market’s supermarkets ranges between 500 and 1,500 square meters.
eKapija : Will certain products in "Familija market" bear the sign, that is, the brand of "Familija market", since "Mercator" and "Konzum" have their own brands and products?
- "Familija market" already has its own black and white bread, as well as French loaf (private label). Broadening of this offer is in the pipeline, especially when it comes to domestic products. The preparations for this project are still underway.