Source: Beta | Monday, 23.07.2018.| 09:55
Highlight an article Print out the news

Delta accepts continuation of negotiations about Sava Centar reconstruction

Sava Centar
Sava Centar (Photo: M.Kambić/eKapija)
Delta Holding will take part in the negotiations about the forming of a public-private partnership for the management and the reconstruction of Belgrade's Sava Centar, the company announced on Friday, July 20.

Deputy Mayor Goran Vesic stated a day before, let us remind, that Delta's offer in the second phase of the City of Belgrade's tender for a strategic partnership for the management of Sava Centar was incomplete and added that the negotiations would nevertheless continue.

– Delta Holding will be a constructive partner to the City to the end of finding the best solution for Sava Centar and realizing the project – Delta Holding told Beta.

This June, the company sent an offer for the second phase of the said tender.

Let us remind that Delta was the only one to send an offer at the call for taking part in the public-private partnership and qualified for the second phase of the tender, which envisages that the private partner should make an investment of at least EUR 12.5 million in the reconstruction of the facility and prepare a 10-year business plan.

The formation of a joint company is planned, where the City of Belgrade would have a 51% stake, whereas the private partner would own the remaining 49%. The City of Belgrade would invest property in the joint company's capital, and the partner would invest money.

According to earlier announcements by Delta Holding Vice President Zivorad Vasic, Beta reports, if the company became a co-owner of Sava Centar, it would be ready to shoulder any potential operating loss and share any potential profit with the City of Belgrade.

He said that Delta would invest EUR 25 million in the reconstruction of the center so that Belgrade would get a congress center comparable to the best ones in Europe, while also having accompanying features which would attract and keep both foreign and local guests.

He added that Delta planned investments in the full reconstruction of Sava Centar, whereby it would get a new facade and a large number of functional rooms.
Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE