The Director General of "Telekom Srbija", Branko Radujko, estimated today (October 25, 2008) that, due to situation in global financial market, the privatization of "Telekom" should be expected to commence in 2010.
Radujko says that, in the present circumstances, "Telekom" is worth minimum 2 billion EUR, but that price can be increased incomparably within the next year or two, once the landline telephony network is modernized, market liberalization increases its value and economic prices are established.
He pointed out in the interview for weekly magazine "Novac" that the decision about the change in the ownership structure can be made by the Government of Serbia, which owned 80% of the company through "Pošte Srbije", and by Greek company OTE,
which owned 20% of stocks of "Telekom Srbija".
Radujko said that he did not know whether the Government of Serbia through about postponing the sale of "Telekom" and he reminded that the contract had not yet been signed with company "Morgan Stanley", which had been selected for the adviser for design of strategy for the initial public offer of stocks (IPO).
When asked who could be the potential buyer of the package of, let's say, 20% of stocks of "Telekom"
on the STock Exchange, Radujko said that "Deutsche Telekom" was among the possible buyers, but he added that it was difficult to say if some companies were going to enter our market through new license or acquisition (takeover).