Electronic registration of entrepreneurs available since January 1 – Online foundation of companies to be enabled soon
Illustration (Photo: Luka Funduk/shutterstock.com)
Beginning with January 1, citizens of Serbia are able to register as entrepreneurs more easily, quickly and cheaply thanks to the new service of the Business Registers Agency, which allows for the entire procedure of registration to be carried out online – from filing a request to getting the decision.
The prepared draft amendments to the Company Law envisage the implementation of electronic registration for the foundation of companies, which will start for single-member limited liability companies immediately following the adoption of the said amendments, which is expected to take place in the first months of 2018.
– These innovations were presented to the press at the Business Registers Agency last week.
As Zvonko Obradovic, director of the Business Registers Agency, said, the new software, donated by the UNDP, enables entrepreneurs to register their business electronically, which will largely simplify this process.
– Electronic registration means being able to do everything from office and is cheaper than registration in a paper form – Obradovic said and specified that the electronic registration fee would cost RSD 1,000, whereas the registration on a paper form costs RSD 1,500.
As Mihailo Jovanovic, director of the Office for eGovernment, explains for eKapija, the implementation of this system considerably accelerates the process, in addition to enabling a cheaper registration.
– Registration now takes 5 days, and the implementation of an electronic system will shorten the procedure to 24 hours. The previous manner of registration meant that one had to come to the Agency two times – to file a request and to collect the decision on registration, which is eliminated with the implementation of this system – Jovanovic said.
Electronic registration entails an electronic application signed with a qualified electronic certificate of an entrepreneur or an authorized submitter of the application. The application will be carried out through filling out a form available on the Agency’s portal, which will also enable electronic payment through Visa and Master cards.
The electronic decision on the registration of a new entrepreneur will be sent by the Agency to the registered entrepreneur or the authorized submitter of the e-application by email.
Illustration (Photo: Africa Studio/shutterstock.com)
– This project is a symbolic implementation of registration without counters, which, we believe, will become obsolete in a few years – said Zvonko Obradovic, director the Business Registers Agency.
In addition to electronic registration, as he said, it will still be possible to register an enterprise by filing documents at the Agency’s counters or by mail.
Steliana Nedera, Deputy Resident Representative of the UNDP in Serbia, said that “the simplification of the process of starting a business though online registration will make life easier for many entrepreneurs, as it will reduce bureaucracy and enable an expansion of new business activities”.
– The implementation of this service contributes to the digital transformation of Serbia, which leads to a quicker economic and social development, as well as improved management and transparency in the operations of public services – Nedera said and added that this also helped achieve sustainable development goals.
As said at the gathering, thanks to the amendments to the regulations and the implementation of electronic registration, the first and the most important step towards the implementation of full electronic registration, as the most efficient way to carry out the procedure of the foundation of companies, has been made.
This will also contribute to Serbia’s further progress on the Doing Business list and other competitiveness lists, in line with the goals of the Plan of Priority Activities for the Reduction of Administrative Burdens in the Republic of Serbia 2016-2018 (Stop the Bureaucracy), the implementation of which is carried out by the Cabinet of the Prime Minister, it was concluded at the gathering held at the Business Registers Agency.