Most recently, they have signed an agreement with Cibuk Wind Holding regarding the acquisition of a minority interest in the Cibuk wind farm
– Alongside DEG, the Finnish private investment company and experienced wind farm operator Taaleri
becomes shareholder in the project. The majority shareholding is with Abu Dhabi’s renewable energy company Masdar – DEG reminds.
Cibuk will be the largest wind project in the Western Balkans.
– With an installed capacity of 158 MW, when completed, the wind farm will produce an annual total of more than 468 GWh of electricity. We are thereby contributing to ensuring that Serbia exploits its huge wind power potential. The wind farm provides an additional source of energy to meet the increasing demand. More than 120,000 people will be supplied with energy. This is an important step towards an environmentally and climate-friendly energy production in future and enables Serbia to be less dependent on lignite resources – DEG says, emphasizing the important plans for the upcoming period.
– DEG plans to increase its presence on the local market as we find Serbia to be interesting ground for DEG as a long term financing partner and advisor to corporates. We provide financing not only for manufacturers and project developers investing in infrastructure projects, but also for financial institutions – our interviewees remind.
– We promote the development of the financial sector while strengthening local capital markets in order to facilitate reliable access to investment financing on the ground, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises. By doing so, we contribute to additional growth effects – they add.
Along with financial help, they also offer technical help in preparing and monitoring projects within investment endeavors.
– We offer companies more than the right long-term financing for their investments in developing and emerging-market countries, we also offer solution packages which are tailored to their needs. We advise our customers and provide intensive support to help them shape their investments even more professionally, efficiently and sustainably – DEG adds.
These activities also contribute to the German-Serbian Initiative for Sustainable Growth and Employment, initiated by the governments of these two countries in 2015.