Source: Tanjug | Sunday, 15.10.2017.| 17:24
Highlight an article Print out the news

Foundation stone for waste water treatment plant in Krusevac laid down – Investment worth EUR 14 million

Illustration
Illustration (Photo: John Kasawa/shutterstock.com)
The foundation stone for the waste water treatment facility in Krusevac was laid down on Saturday, October 14, 2017.

The director of PUE Vodovod Krusevac, Vladimir Milosavljevic, said that the facility would be completed over the course of 15 months and that the factory would place Krusevac among the most developed towns in the field.

– The projects encompasses the collector and the town sewer network worth EUR 24 million, of which 14 million has been invested in this facility – Milosavljevic said.

The project is being realized through a 12-year loan from KfW, and 95% of the funds will be repaid by Serbia, whereas the remaining 5% will be repaid by PUE Vodovod Krusevac.

Minister of Transport, Infrastructure and Construction Zorana Mihajlovic said that it was crucial for the money received from KfW to be used responsibly and for the deadlines to be honored.

– The money needs to be utilized by December 2018. We are also carrying out projects of potable water factories in cooperation with this bank and investing a total of EUR 218 million in the utility infrastructure, which is very important for everyday life. Every time we turn the water faucet on, we need to remember how important it is to work on this network and on environmental protection – Mihajlovic said.

The director of KfW, Arne Gooss, said that this would be the first modern waste water treatment facility in Serbia to be in line with the EU standards and added that “Krusevac will be a pioneer and set an example in this field. We hope the entire network will be fully functioning beginning with 2019”.

Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE