It is not known how rich Donald Trump is precisely, but 24/7 Wall St. estimates his wealth at around USD 3 billion. If this is true and if he is elected president, he will become the richest leader of the United States in the country`s history.
Hillary Clinton is not exactly poor either. She and her husband Bill own USD 75 million, which will place her among the ten richest US presidents if she wins the election.
The 24/7 Wall St. website has converted the wealth of all US presidents to the 2016 dollar value in order to compile the list of the richest presidents:
1. George Washington: USD 580 million
2. Thomas Jefferson: USD 234 million
3. Theodore Roosevelt: USD 138 million
4. Andrew Jackson: USD 131 million
5. James Madison: USD 112 million
6. Lyndon Johnson: USD 108 million
7. Herbert Hoover: USD 82 million
8. Bill Clinton: USD 75 million
9. Franklin Roosevelt: USD 66 million
10. John F. Kennedy: USD 1.1 billion
(The site says that Kennedy`s wealth is hard to estimate, as most of it was inherited. Nevertheless, due to the great amount, he deserves to be on the list, but not in the top spot.)