Source: Tanjug | Wednesday, 15.06.2016.| 10:15
Highlight an article Print out the news

Fiat Serbia abolishes night shift

(Photo: Mapei)
The company Fiat Chrysler Serbia (FAS) from Kragujevac will switch the production from a three-shift regime to a two-shift regime, and it is cooperating with the unions on decreasing the workforce through the employees' voluntary leaving, it was announced on Tuesday, June 14, by FAS, following the meeting of the company's leadership with the representatives of the Unions.

- In accordance with the demands of the market, the company is prepared to adjust its production capacities by carrying out the structural reorganization of the factory and switching to a three-shift production regime – says the FAS statement from the meeting in which the current state of the European auto market was discussed.

It further is further added that the company is cooperating with the unions on voluntary leaving, which would be realized immediately to the end of minimizing the social influences on the employees.

The reorganization won't negatively influence the continuity of the operations nor the company's good performance, nor the volume levels and the consolidated leadership in the export, stated the factory.

It was concluded at the meeting that the European market is recording a mild increase and that the model Fiat 500L is performing well.

- The total demand for the model 500L is stable and the projections say that the volumes will remain on the current levels in the next few years, which will fortify our position and our accomplishments – says the statement and adds that FCA has confirmed its medium-term and long-term dedication in Serbia.

The company FCA Serbia Ltd Kragujevac was founded in 2008 as a partnership project between the Italian company FIAT Group Automobiles (FGA) and the Government of the Republic of Serbia, with Fiat owning 67% and Serbia the remaining 33% of the company.

Only logged-in users can comment.
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Testiraj besplatno!
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Testiraj besplatno!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.
Testiraj besplatno!

Log in to view complete information:
Forgot your password? Click here HERE
For free test use, click HERE