The Ministry of Economy will set aside around RSD 1.22 billion from its budget in 2017 to support the development of entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurs will be able to apply for various types of aid, and the programs available will soon be presented.
As they say at the ministry for Blic, around RSD 700 million has been set aside for the “Equipment and Startup” program in 2017, in cooperation with the Development Fund.
– Around RSD 500 million will be distributed through the Development Agency of Serbia for various programs of financial and non-financial support, whereas 20 million has been planned for training, mentoring, counseling, informative workshops for entrepreneurs, that is, non-financial support – the ministry says.
Projects for the continuation of the Government of Serbia's “Year of Entrepreneurship” program are being prepared in cooperation with other ministries. The program will turn into “The Decade of Entrepreneurship”, as the government intends to provide continual support to small and medium enterprises in the next 10 years in order for their full potential for economic growth to be fully realized.
– Both the financial and the non-financial support will continue – the Ministry of Economy says.
As they explain, in addition to programs of this and other ministries and institutions directed towards SMEs, considerable support will be provided through new financial sources and instruments for small and medium enterprises (new and more favorable loans), such as the COSME program and similar programs (Horizon 2020, EDIF, APEX, EaSI).
– New sources of finance are being developed in cooperation with the banking sector and this is the principle on which this type of support functions throughout Europe – the ministry points out.
Support to development of entrepreneurship
– RSD 700 million for the “Equipment and Startup” program with the Development Fund
– RSD 500 million through the Development Agency of Serbia for various programs of financial and non-financial support
– RSD 20 million for training, mentoring, counseling, informative workshops for entrepreneurs (non-financial support)
Follow the news, tenders, grants, legal regulations and reports on our portal.
Register for our daily business bulletin, which is sent to your email address at the end of each work day.
Full information is available only to commercial users-subscribers and it is necessary to log in.
Test for free!
Full information is available to commercial users-subscribers only.