4 Trg topolivaca
Serbia and Montenegro
phone/fax: +381 34 335-349
In far 1853. Kragujevac Gunfoundry casted the first 6, front loaded, bronze cannons, with Serbian coat of arms on the windpipe. Here, it should be noted that military plants in Kragujevac have the tradition, two decades longer than the Gunfondry itself. This praiseworthy attribute would be welcomed even by some of the most famous military factories in the world.
During the hundred and fifty years of existence and performance, from Gunfoundry to the present Zastava arms, Kragujevac Factory went through three big wars, many distractions and rages, crises and changes, and always got out of them as the more powerful and the more vital. In the peacetime after 1945, the Factory was in the position to be deprived of the production programs, professionals and equipment that were moved all over the former SCG. But, Kragujevac workers could not have been deprived of that, what they have been building for two centuries: gun making tradition, handled down from generation to generation, remained in the genes of Kragujevac people.
Nowadays, the Factory has, within its production program, the complete range of hunting, sports and selfdefense weapons - the program rare even for those that are well known in the world. The Factory`s production lines are also used to manufacture weapons for the Yugoslav Army and for the Police regular & special units. Finally, the Factory has the converted programs too, outside the weapons` production, and offers the services by engaging all the available capacities.
Thanks to the tradition and proved quality, Kragujevac weapons are present on all the continents and almost all the countries in the world. All this guaranties that the 70 talirs valued clock, presented to Charles Lubrie – the first manager of Gunfoundry -by the duke Alexander Karadjordjevic on October 15/27, will continue to tick the time for the Factory in twenty first century.