- Šumadija's municipality of Lapovo, which currently has about 900 unemployed persons, will be hiring workers from other regions of Serbia next year, because it signed constrct with several foreign companies on investments worth more than 500m USD - said Mayor Dragan Zlatković.
- At the end of the last week, Austrian company "Kronospan" bought 55 ha of land where it would start construction of factory of univer, mediapan, plywood and panel boards in February 2008. This factory will employ 300 workers and it will occassionally hire about 700 more - said Zlatković and pointed out that that was the investment worth 300m USD.
That municipality will be producing building machines, mainly dredges, and the investor is Austrian company "Neuson kramer", which will hire about 200 people.
- Belgrade-based company "Divioil" plans to have motel and 16 bungalows built on seven hectares and they will be intended primarly for truck drivers, because Lapovo is situated between Munich and Istanbul - said Zlatković and added that realization of that project would enable hiring of 170 people.
FCompany "Prigan Holdings Ltd", with the headquarters on Cyprus,
the investment branch of the mother company from Israel, is interested in buying 100 ha of land rich with geothermal waters with the temperature of 45 degrees, in order to have "hedonistic centre" built.
- Cypriot company plans to build huge commercial complex, similar to European family parks, which will be include thermal park, motels, restaurants and shops, and about 1,000 people will get jobs - Zlatković specified.
Construction of regional dump, the project worth about 30m EUR, has been entrusted to concern A.S.A. with the headquarters in Czech Republic, and Lapovo, Batočina,
Rača, Velika Plana, Despotovac and Smederevska Palanka will participate in realization of this project.
- The dump will be built in phases, and all workers who are now employed in city sanitation companies will be hired by company A.S.A, and machines, which will be given by local companies, will be their founding deposit - Zlatković explained and added that Czech company would manage the dump for 25 years.Great interest of investors in this part of Serbia contributed to land price increase, so that 1 are in Lapovo now costs 200 EUR instead of 50 EUR, which was its price in the previous years.